Youth Director General Job Description
The Youth Director is responsible for teaching Christianity to the youth of our church. This teaching should be performed using a variety of techniques and methodologies.
The Youth Director will gather with the youth three times per week for meetings held Wednesday nights, Sunday nights and Sunday mornings. At each meeting there will be an activity and a lesson. The youth Director will also be asked to make at least two
visitations per week to a youth and/or a family with youth in order to create closer relationships.
- Sponsors must be recruited, trained and utilized to help lead the meetings and to provide protection and presence for the youth.
- Curriculum must be selected and followed for the teaching times. (Curriculum should be selected with the oversight and approval of the Sr. Pastor and youth sponsors.)
- Special events such as local outings to water parks, concerts and taking group members on mission trips or camps must be planned in detail and the established protocols for receiving funds and disbursements (available through the Finance Secretary) must
- Fund raisers to help defray the cost of activities and to support the general mission of the Youth Group should be planned, approved by Trustees, and implemented under the direction of the Youth Director.
- At least once per year the Youth Group will be asked to lead Sunday morning worship services for the church. These services will be planned and implemented under the direction of the Youth Director and approved by the Sr. Pastor.
- The Youth Director will meet bi-weekly with the Sr. Pastor to review attendance reports and plans for upcoming meetings, as well as discussing any other pertinent items.
- The Youth Director will fill out both weekly and monthly forms as provided by the Church. These forms show attendance, visitations, and allow for communicating general impressions of events and meetings.
- The Youth Director will be asked to attend staff meetings during planning periods, (occurring 2-3 times per year) so that calendar issues and themes can be shared and recognized by all staff. These meetings will be planned at times and dates convenient
to the Youth Director and other Staff members.
Previous experience desired. Bachelors Degree or working towards a Bachelors Degree required.
Resume, letter of interest and three personal references may be sent to email@example.com