This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Entry Level Substation Worker
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 02/20/2007
Categories: Contractor & Other Trades
Job Type: Full-Time
Entry level positions for someone who desires to learn and advance to high voltage substation work and other high technology projects. This work requires on the job training with homework to perform varied tasks. Typical tasks consist of:
1)Steel erection, bus installation, & equipment installation in high voltage substations
2)Bus Installation consisting of aluminum bar, angles, and integral web.
3)Install HV Switches consisting of linkage adjustment of large gang operated knife blades
4) Working at heights
5) Pulling Cable and making high voltage terminations
Work location is West Palm Beach, Florida. Some out of town work is required.
We offer health insurance, 401 K, and holidays.
1) Ability to work outside in the hot sun.
2) Able to climb on large knife blade switches in towers up to 65 feet above ground.
3) Mechanical ability
4) Able to work in close proximity to high voltage (requires discipline).
5) Ability to perform various tasks.