This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Worship
Christ Community Baptist Church-Puyallup WA
Puyallup, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 01/11/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
Worship Pastor (Full-Time)
Christ Community Baptist Church, an established 20-year-old church plant of the North American Baptist Conference, located on the suburban outskirts of Tacoma, Washington, prayerfully invites qualified applicants who are sensing Gods call, to apply before February 15, 2007 for this position of Worship Pastor.
Summary of Position
To lead and administrate the total ministry of worship to the extent that it will help our congregation to fulfill our overall mission of Serving one-another, Worshipping God, reaching Outward to others, building Relationships with each other and the making of Discipleship makers. (S.W.O.R.D.)
The Worship Pastor oversees and facilitates in the development of ministry and programs that will promote "worshipping in spirit and in truth," training and equipping others as a team, in doing of the same.
The Worship Pastor is reports directly to the Senior Pastor and constitutionally is "player - coach" on the Worship Committee.
A visible passion for worshipping God (24 - 7)
A "sixth sense" and public presence, enabling him to lead people into the presence of God
A theological education
A proven leader
A team player
Some music education
A knowledge of technical resources
Musically skilled and also able to relate to people, yet also task responsible
*For a more detailed description of the above, go to our church web site: http://www.christcommunitybaptist.org/
*To apply: Please submit your resume, By Feb. 15, 2007 to the attention of: Gordon Bauslaugh
Christ Community Baptist Church, 8016-176th. Street E., Puyallup, Washington 98375 Phone - (253) 846-3000 Fax - (253) 846-6550
Associate Pastor of Worship and Ministry Job Description
Related to Purpose Statement:
Lead and administrate the total ministry of Worship to the extent that it will help the church to fulfill its overall mission of service, worship, outreach, relationships and discipleship. (S.W.O.R.D.)
I. Personal Life
A. Walk with God
1. Maintain a personal worship time every day.
2. Read spiritually challenging books and periodicals.
3. Attend conferences/further credited education classes that will be edifying.
4. Develop accountability with men who will "sharpen your walk."
5. Be an example of your teaching in the areas of personal evangelism and church loyalty.
1. Make sure that your relationship with your wife and children are maintained on a level that would be pleasing to God and a good example to others.
2. Schedule your calendar so as to meet the balanced needs of your family and church life.
II. Worship Ministry
A. Oversee and lead in the development of ministries and programs that will:
1. Promote a congregation wide understanding of what "worshipping in spirit and truth" is all about.
2. Train and nurture individuals of all ages to become disciples of Jesus Christ.
3. Encourage and equip individuals to lead in the worship services (not only in the two adult Sunday Services).
B. Lead in the planning and supervision of the incorporation of various groups into the worship service thus promoting "participatory worship".
C. Offer assistance as requested by other ministry areas.
D. Schedule regular times for one on one relational and team-building encounters.
E. Provide leadership to worship committee, Deacon of Worship, and all technical teams related to the worship service.
F. Network and assimilate new church attendees into worship ministry.
G. Coordinate worship activities and develop vision for the corporate worship ministry that is consistent with the broader vision of the Senior Pastor, staff, and Elders.
*Bottom Line: Do not do anything for the church that you can train and equip others to do.
III. Administrational Ministry
A. Have Big Picture Awareness
1. Understand and support the CCBC personality and philosophy of ministry.
2. Understand and implement the church constitution and elder policies.
3. Be on the "same page" as the (other) church elders and church staff.
4. Endeavor to fully understand all of what goes on at CCBC.
B. Be a Servant-Coach
1. Come alongside worship leaders, assisting them with self understanding and resource helps.
2. Mentor and train new worship leaders in different areas of worship ministry.
3. Be personally involved in other areas of ministry where gifted and where personal time allows.
C. Strive for good Communication
1. Help the Worship Committee to understand their responsibilities and keep them on task.
2. Help the Worship Committee in their communication with other committees, church staff, and the congregation.
3. Know and utilize the church calendar, church budget, other church committees minutes and building use schedule.
IV. Total Church Ministry
A. Be a "team player" as far as the entire church staff and ministry is concerned.
B. Be accountable to the senior pastor as oversight is given by the church elders.
C. Be an attendee at any "all church" type functions as possible.
D. Attend weekly ministerial staff meetings, church congregational meetings and open forums.
E. Prepare and present a report at congregational meetings.
F. Attend all N.A.B. and N.A.B.N.W. related ministries when possible.
*Bottom Line: This is an equipping position.