Internal Web Developer
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Job Description: To assist in achieving the mission of Multnomah through the development and administration of Intranet and Extranet technologies and services.
Campus Wide Responsibilities
Objective: To provide leadership, effective communication, and development of professional products to facilitate meeting the needs of Multnomah’s constituents (students, staff, faculty, alumni…) in relation to web based technologies.
- Development of internal and constituent websites and web-based applications.
- Administration of Moodle distance education program working closely with the Director of Distance Education, to schedule and apply patches, upgrades and enhancements to grow the Distance Education Coursework.
Objective: To develop and administer the Internal Web- based technologies in the ITD.
- Development and maintenance of intranet based applications including the Intranet, SelfService, Netpartner and Moodle.
- Maintain PowerCampus Moodle synchronization. Assist with system needs for the hosting company.
- Communicate projects status with director on a regular basis
- Regular attendance at weekly departmental prayer and coordination meetings and demonstrate a team and collaborative spirit
- This position supports systems and applications that require 24/7 uptime. May require remote system administration and troubleshooting.
Maintain a Christ-like testimony in all aspects of the job.
- Communicate openly and clearly in a Christ honoring and congenial manner, both within the department and to those outside the department.
- Represent Multnomah well in dress, grooming and actions.
- Show discernment in the use of time. Communicate regularly and openly with supervisor.
- Encourage an atmosphere of unity and collaboration among university departments.
- B.Sc. with a major in Computer Science or equivalent training, skills and experiences.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and ideas in non-technical language.
- Ability and desire to function with others in a team.
- Excellent analytical problem-identification and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle.
- Experience in managing Open Source applications.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office technologies.
- Desire for and personal fulfillment by serving the Lord through support ministry.
- Desire to be challenged, adaptive to and professionally motivated by dynamic, emerging technologies.
- Self-motivated and professional management-level worker.
- Have a thorough understanding of Web graphic standards and best practices.
Required technical skills:
- Two years software development experience within Microsoft ecosystem (including web development)
- Ability to create, install, configure, and secure web sites on Microsoft IIS Server 7.x and 8.x.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012 development, including T-SQL, stored procedures, views, and triggers.
- Ability to design and normalize database tables. Proficiency in query optimization.
Desired technical skills:
- Experience with Moodle preferred.
- Knowledge of MySQL and PHP.
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS.
- Knowledge of Windows SharePoint Services version 3 or SharePoint Foundation 2010/2013.
- Basic knowledge of design software, especially Adobe CS and related products.
- Be able to implement and administer a Content Management System.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
Because we believe that professionally qualified, committed Christian personnel are key to the operation of a truly Christian college and seminary, and that not only teachers, but all employees, by the pattern of their lives, serve as role models to our students, all employment positions at Multnomah University contain the following statements relating to required personal qualities:
- Employees will have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior. John. 1:12
- Employees will be in full agreement with the institution’s doctrinal statement.
- Employees will believe the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living. 2 Tim. 3:16-17
- Employees will be a Christian role model in attitude, speech and actions towards others. This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for morality and sexual conduct. 1 Tim. 4:12, Luke 6:40, Col. 3:17, Titus 2:7-8, 1 Thess. 2:10 and 5:22.
- Employees will be a regular participant in a local, evangelical church.
Full Time (40 hours) with Medical and Dental benefit options
starting the first day of the month following the first 30 days of employment.
For full consideration complete an employment application (online at www.multnomah.edu/employment) and attach a cover letter and resume. Please include the name, title and phone number of three references. An interview may be arranged after your file is complete.
If you have questions regarding this position please contact Brenda Gibson, email@example.com, 503.255.0332
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/nqxzph6
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
If it's Bible you want, then you want Multnomah! Since the 1930s, Multnomah has been teaching the Bible to men and women who want to know more about God and the Christian life. We are committed to keeping the unchanging Word of God central to all we do and teach at Multnomah Bible College, Multnomah Biblical Seminary, and Multnomah Graduate School. Please browse this section of our site to learn more about our core values and mission. We desire to train up students to be a transforming force in their church, community, and w More...