Job Title: Social Studies/English Teacher
Job Status: Full- time/Part-time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department: Social Science/English
Reports to: Departmental Lead
It is the primary responsibility of the teacher to provide classroom instruction to the students of The King’s Academy, as well as being a positive role model to them. Teachers should view their role as ministry, helping each student towards reaching their full potential in Christ.
This position requires teaching 3 classes of Medieval History 7 and two classes of English 7. However, this School is open to having separate teachers teach either Social Studies or English.
In addition to teaching responsibilities, a willingness to sponsor student initiated clubs is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and updates a curriculum map for each course taught where learning objectives are aligned with California State Standards and the school’s Expected Student Learning Results.
- Uses a variety of teaching methodologies to create an engaging and safe classroom setting where all students are held to high expectations.
- Keeps an accurate record of all attendance and tardies for each student.
- Maintains discipline in the classroom to ensure maximum learning.
- Provides an uncluttered, healthy, and neat classroom that promotes a good learning and working environment.
- Keeps an emergency lesson plan and current substitute folder in case of an unexpected absence.
- Adapts teaching materials and expectations for students enrolled in the Student Support Services program (the “Academic Center” or “AC”) to meet their accommodations.
- Grades all assignments, tests, quizzes, papers, and projects in a timely manner, using the grading scale provided by the school; updates the open portal Gradebook regularly (approx. once a week if possible).
- Gives constructive feedback on student work.
- Actively works with the rest of the Social Studies and/or English Departments to improve instruction in assigned subjects, and coordination across subjects.
- Records homework daily or weekly on the school portal for access by students and parents.
- Communicates with parents on an “as needed” basis regarding their student’s academic or behavioral status in the class.
- Attends Grade Level and Department meetings, as scheduled.
- Leads a daily student home group.
- Coordinates field trips and special events, as needed.
- Participates in the Admissions Process (attends an Open House) and PR events as needed
- Attends the Staff Retreat every year, as scheduled by the Administration.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in field related to teaching assignments preferred.
- Credential in Secondary English or Social Studies preferred
- Training or experience in education is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent skills in communicating both orally and in written form .
- Ability to incorporate best practices in education, including effective use of technology.
- Commitment to serving Jesus Christ
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Energetic, flexible, resourceful
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Able to understand and relate to students
This position requires that the employee work from Monday – Friday. Some additional hours in the evenings and on week-ends is necessary for planning and grading.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving vehicles as well as students who might be running or walking absentmindedly. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. On a few occasions, it might be loud.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to stare at a computer screen, sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee might occasionally be required to lift up to 20 lbs. of weight. The employee may also find that they will need to be on their feet and / or walking significant distances over the course of a school day. Riding on buses, in cars or vans, and / or on planes for several hours and sleeping in camping-like conditions for several nights may be required as the employee travels on overnight retreats and/or service trips. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and an especially sharp “editor’s eye” for detail when grading.
The King’s Academy offers excellent benefits to employees and family. Please check our web-site for more information at www.tkabenefits.com .
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
English TeacherCanyonville Christian Academy
- Canyonville, Oregon
- October 6
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
The King's Academy
Located in Sunnyvale, CA, The King’s Academy is a private Christ-centered college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The school was established in 1991. The King’s Academy is for students who have teachable hearts and coachable spirits. We offer a loving, family environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus, their family, teachers, and others. We are committed to developing God’s best for each student spiritually, academically, morally, and socially through every program an More...