This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The ASSET Company
Canton, Mississippi, United States
Date Posted: 03/02/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
The ASSET Company, PLLC, an Electrical Engineering Consultant is recognized in the U.S. as a specialist in high voltage and power system design and analysis, and is a growing enterprise serving utility, industrial, and contractor markets. Our company atmosphere is informal, yet disciplined, with first-class employees and managers working together for the success of the company.
The ASSET Company, PLLC is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join its Jackson, MS office. The successful candidate will develop a breadth and depth of experience, technical knowledge, and commercial responsibility in a relaxed, yet successful, work environment.
This position will be responsible for:
* The design of utility and industrial high voltage substations and will include physical layout, protection and control, equipment specifications, design of raceways and control building, and grounding analysis.
* System studies for short circuit analysis, time-current coordination, motor starting, harmonics abatement, and load flow will be regular assignments.
* Designs will be performed by the Engineer using CAD tools, and with support of designer/drafter.
* BS in Electrical Engineering with a power emphasis and the intent to pursue professional licensure.
* 2 to 5 years of consulting experience related to outdoor substation and protection and control design.
* Good technical writing abilities and organizational skills are a must.
* Must be a self-starter, team oriented, and have good verbal communication skills.
* Design skills in AutoCAD and MicroStation are a plus.