This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Senior Accountant / Administrative Specialist
Los Angeles, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/22/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
World Impact, an inner-city missions organization, has an immediate opening for a person to serve in accounting and administration: Senior Accountant and Administrative Specialist at their National Office in Los Angeles. Reports to the Vice President of Administration; works with the Accounting Manager.
* Annual budget preparation
* Property administration (fixed asset detail, permanent files, taxes and exemption, insurance, rental agreements)
* Retirement accounting
* Insurance accounting (workers' Compensation, general liability, property, auto, directors and officers, life, health insurance)
* Payroll quarterly and annual returns
* Sales tax returns
* Government filings and informational returns
* State solicitation exemptions and filings
* Annual audit preparation assistance
* Federal grant administration
SPIRITUAL REQUIREMENTS: an evangelical Christian with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, in agreement with World Impact's Affirmation of Faith and Affirmation of Christian Commitment and a sense of call to serve the poor.
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS: a bachelor's degree in accounting (CPA welcome); five years accounting and/or administrative experience