|Job Title: Finance Manager
|Reports To: Director of Operations
||Employment Status: Full-time
|Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
ABOUT Ravi Zacharias International Ministries Canada:
The primary mission of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries is to reach and challenge those who shape the ideas of a culture with the credibility of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Distinctive in its strong evangelistic and apologetic foundation, the ministry
of RZIM is intended to touch both the heart and the intellect of the thinkers and influencers of society through the support of the visionary leadership of Ravi Zacharias.
Our vision is to build a team with a fivefold thrust of evangelism, apologetics, spiritual disciplines, training, and humanitarian support so that the mandate of I Peter 3:15 might be fulfilled: to set apart Christ in our hearts as Lord and always be prepared
to give a reason for the hope that is within us, with gentleness and respect, all for the glory of God.
Statement of Values
Every organization is built with a commitment to a set of fundamental values. It is difficult to articulate them comprehensively but properly understood; each value has both a focus and a host of other connected priorities. We are listing here the three
major categories under which our values are expressed.
About Finance Manager Role:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the ideal candidate will bring significant skill, experience and professional leadership to the area of accounting, financial reporting and analysis. They will have direct responsibility to maintain a well-documented
system of accounting policies and procedures; implement, manage and maintain enterprise resource planning applications and the financial interface with customer relationship tools. Critical to the success of this role is the active participation in the spiritual,
devotional and prayer life of RZIM Canada and the Operations team!
- Must be in agreement with and committed to upholding RZIM’s Statement of Faith and Statement of Values, as well as its stated Mission and Vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent business experience required
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility in a business or ministry context
- Proven experience with enterprise resource planning applications such as SAP and/or People Soft
- Preference will be given to candidates with CGA or GPA designations
- Strong, effective written and spoken communication skills including professional phone and email etiquette and the ability to effectively proofread written materials; able to communicate well cross-culturally with an internationally diverse team
- Team player mentality including the ability to work well with a broad range of individuals and groups and a willingness to receive and act on direction
- Must be confident in multi-tasking across projects and excel in a deadline-driven environment, while maintaining the highest level of accuracy, diplomacy and quality
- Self-motivated and able to work without extensive supervision
- Solid decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or discussions
- Has a heart for evangelism and demonstrates a passionate commitment to use their gifts and abilities as part of a team whose goal is to see individuals come to Christ
- Must have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Evidence of and a commitment to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to occasionally work after hours or on weekends as necessary
All interested and qualified candidates please appy with a cover letter and up-to-date resume outlining your interest and fit with the organizations mandate and role. Please ensure all applications are directed to email@example.com. We thank you in
advance for your interest in this oppotunity and look forward to speaking with you further regarding your candidacy.