The purpose of World Team is to glorify God by working together to establish reproducing churches focusing on the unreached peoples of the world. The General Ledger Accountant will assist the Chief Financial Officer in furthering the purpose of the mission
by maintaining accurate accounting records and providing timely reports for World Team and its missionaries.
The position requires a working knowledge of general ledger accounting. The individual selected for this position will possess technical accounting skills, good communication skills, and strong analytical and problem solving skills. A working knowledge of
Excel and general knowledge of accounting software is required.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- Experience in non-profit accounting is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
The General Ledger Accountant is directly accountable to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintaining the chart of accounts
- Preparing and posting of journal entries
- Performing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Preparing monthly financial reports
- Assisting with year-end audits
- Preparing and distributing monthly project reports
- Preparing and distributing monthly departmental reports
- Communicating and interfacing with both field and departmental personnel regarding finance matters
- Perform other duties as required
This is a full-time position. Candidate must be able to work from the World Team USA office located in Warrington PA.