This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Woodworking Ministry Manager
Servants' Touch Ministries, Inc.
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
Date Posted: 10/26/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
This position incorporates good people skills, facility and production management as well as marketing skills.
Looking for the right individual with an aptitude for working with people and wood in a ministry setting.
This position has all aspects of production including working with raw materials, ordering supplies and managing projects and people.
This person would have administrative accountability, filling out reports, including profit/loss statements etc.
You will enjoy using your people skills in this position.
This position is a missionary/supplimented position.
You will help develop both employability and specific woodworking skills in the young people involved in the program. You will also identify, train and empower a lead person to assist you in the overall management of the shop.
To confirm your compatibility with our organization, you may go to our website to view our mission statement and doctrinal statement.
Keywords: "Production manager" or "BUSINESS MANAGER"
This is a Christian missionary/ salaried business manager position with Masters Touch Manufacturing, a subsidiary of Servants Touch Ministries, Inc; an Alaskan 501 (c) 3, not-for-profit entity. This position is intended to be a ministry role, partially supported by personal supporters and partially by the business proceeds.
As a Christian missionary, this person is part of a team committed to the ministrys Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision, which are most important aspects of this position. Our goal of "producing successful, Christ-centered . . . high school graduates and college students" can only be attained through team members working in Christ. Christian mentoring is as essential to this position as is technical knowledge and ability.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the person so classified.
Manages and coordinates the business operations of Masters Touch Manufacturing: the manufacturing shop(s), supplies and equipment procurement, sales locations, wholesale operations (sales shows, package distributions, etc.) with responsibility for multiple sub-units and functions. This work will include budget preparation and control, human resources administration, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contract and grant accounting, business resources, cashiering, physical plant operations, and/or auxiliary enterprises. Mentors at-risk youth in every endeavor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages the daily financial activities of the enterprise, which include budget preparation and control, accounting, purchasing, and business planning and management; ensures compliance with ministry policies and procedures, local, state, and federal regulations.
2. Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
3. Coordinates, designs, and implements internal financial reporting systems, financial controls, and management information systems.
4. Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operating units.
5. Prepares budget requests, operating budgets, Board budget requests, and formal budget revisions as required.
6. Coordinates the preparation of reports of disbursements, special analyses, and information reports for management; presents recommendations for changes and/or improvements, monetary control, and adherence to budgets.
7. Evaluates and/or negotiates contracts for the purchase of services, supplies, equipment and materials.
8. Manages cash, cash-related receipts, accounts receivable and credit and collection functions, ensuring timely processing of billings, payments, and collection of revenue.
9. Maintains current information as to trends and developments in business; presents recommendations for marketing.
10. Oversee plant operations and auxiliary enterprises such as shipping and receiving, order fulfillment, postal services, and printing services.
11. Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the ministry to ensure efficient and safe operation of all activities.
12. Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
13. Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, sales shows; promotes existing and new products.
14. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned (by the President of STM).
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of contracting process and associated local, state, federal, and other regulations.
Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
Knowledge of management principles and practices.
Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
Ability to foster a cooperative work environment and a supportive learning environment for teens.
Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources.
Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
Employee development and performance management skills.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Knowledge of ministry accounting procedures involving procurement, travel, and/or employment.
Ability to effectively communicate accounting information, policies, and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by the customer.
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
Knowledge of marketing strategies, processes, and available resources.
Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Knowledge of ministry and/or non-profit auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
Knowledge of accounts payable procedures and practices.
Knowledge of staff hiring procedures.
Knowledge of current business issues and trends.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work/sales store or work-shop environment.
Limited physical effort required.
Contact: Dave Dewar, PO Box 81133, Fairbanks, AK 99708
Phone (907) 455-4543;
E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.servantstouch.org
REVISED DATE: 19 August 2006