This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Laurelwood Baptist Church-Vancouver WA
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 03/28/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
OFFICE MANAGER Laurelwood Baptist Church, Vancouver, WA, is seeking an Office Manager to supervise support pastoral staff and oversee administrative operations for the church. A minimum of a High School education with an Associates degree or higher preferred and a minimum of one year experience in church office administration. Salary DOQ plus med, sick & other benefits. Send cover letter, resume to: Business Manager, 17015 NE 6th Street Vancouver, WA 98684 or email email@example.com.
A. Godly person: A growing and vital relationship with the Jesus Christ.
B. Educated/Trained Administrator: A minimum of a High School education with an Associates degree or higher preferred and a minimum of one year experience in church office administration.
C. Servant Model: A servants heart, integrity, discretion, a strong work ethic, adaptability, loyalty, and a willingness to learn new tasks and functions. Demonstrate a helpful and friendly demeanor at all times.
D. Commitment: In full agreement with Laurelwoods doctrinal statement and positions.
A. Relational: Possess the ability to get along with a variety of people with different attitudes and in different circumstances of life.
B. Optimistic: Have a positive attitude about life.
C. Organized: Highly organized, ability to multi-task and delegate as needed.
D. Skilled: Demonstrate an above average proficiency in Microsoft Office 2003 and the ability to quickly learn specialized software. Skilled in managing systems that streamline office functioning. Possess Excellent written and communication skills, time management skills. Must be self-motivated, intuitive, flexible, detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently without close supervision.
1. Develops and oversees administrative operations for the church, including customer service, facility coordination, scheduling, communication, research, data entry, filing, and equipment and postal responsibilities.
2. Assists pastors, Elder Board, manages office staff and volunteers, and helps to facilitate remaining church ministries.
3. Manages computer and website functioning.
4. Assists with bookkeeping.
5. Handles confidential information regularly.
6. Ensure duties outlined in the church office task list are accomplished in a thorough and timely manner.
IV. Accountability: The Office Manager will report directly to the Senior Pastor.