This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 04/10/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
Position title: Teaching Pastor
Classification of Ministry Position: Pastor Full Time
Reports to: Direct report - Staff Team Lead, with oversight by the Elder Council
Focus and essence of position:
The Teaching Pastor will function to carry out the Hillcrest Value of Formation within the larger community and so foster spiritual growth through his gifts of Biblical teaching and effective communication. He will also execute a specified set of pastoral responsibilities as he partners with the pastoral team to care for the needs of the community of believers.
1. Preach approximately 20-30 Sundays per year in all 3 of the services
2. Serve as a recognized Elder in the Hillcrest Community and serve on the Elder Council if called upon
3. Serve on the Sunday Service planning team
4. Sunday service leadership and pastoral care as determined together by the Elder Council and the Staff Team Lead
5. Assist in Pastoral Care of the Hillcrest Community
6. Be aware of the fiscal status of the Chapel and help lead the congregation into healthy stewardship of personal and church finances
7. Other pastoral duties as assigned and according to the giftings of the individual and in discussion with the Elder council
1. Report to the Staff Team Lead.
2. Attend all Chapel staff meetings and staff lunches.
3. Coach, mentor, encourage and support Ministry Deacons (and or Ministry Staff and/or Elders) as assigned.
4. Attend staff prayer days.
5. Attend all Sunday services even when not preaching, with the exception of approved time off.
6. Attend Staff and Spouse retreat and Staff Refresher as scheduled.
7. Affirm and celebrate the service of all members, staff and Pastors.
8. Be an active member of a Small Group that provides authentic and accountable Christian community.
9. Work toward fully devoted relationships, prioritizing the development of people over the sustaining of programs
Job Type: FT
Salary Range: Not Specified
Minimum of 5 years experience Bible teaching and pastoring in a congregation of 150 adults or more.
Credentialed with the Assemblies of God or willingness to transfer existing credential to the Assemblies of God as they allow. If not credentialed must be willing to seek credentials with the Assemblies of God.
Elder quality pastor/teacher with highly-developed pastoral and relational heart/skills.
Able and willing to serve on Elder Council
High view of the Bible: the Word of God written; revelation of the truths of God conveyed by inspiration through His servants. As such it is infallible and without error
Effective communicator in large group auditorium venue
Heart to disperse ministry by empowering laity
Ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations and independently.
Able to communicate and establish effective working relationships with many and diverse (multi-generation congregation) peoples
Able to fully affirm the Spirits present gifting and enabling of members with the various gifts of the Spirit as noted in 1 Cor. 12-14; Romans 12; 1Pet. 4:10, etc.
401k Retirement Plan
Resume Required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.