This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 05/04/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
Property Manager, Full-time position. Seeking management professional with a strong work ethic and positive attitude to run day-to-day operations of 116,000 square feet portfolio of multi-tenant office properties. Ideal candidate will have management and sales experience.
Maintain a high rate of occupancy.
Rent and promote the Airport Office Centre to prospective tenants and current tenants.
Collect rent from all tenants.
Effectively and efficiently manage the day-to-day operations. This includes management of the maintenance and janitorial personnel.
Provide our tenants with prompt, courteous, and responsive service.
Keep the property and buildings attractive and in good working order.
1. Self-Motivated - Must have the ability to work well without supervision.
2. Strong People Skills - Good at listening and questioning, ability to persuade.
3. Organizational skills - Keeps both tenant and property records neat and easily accessible.
4. Detailed - Must have an eye for detail in both working with tenants and maintaining the property.
5. Computer Skills - Competent in using computer for word processing and e-mailing.
6. Collection skills - Appropriately pursues tenants who owe us money.
7. Cooperative - Must be able to maintain good relations with his/her supervisor (ie. support their leadership even when you do not agree with the supervisor - no back stabbing).
8. Motivational Skills - Able to motivate workers to give their best effort on the job. Provide positive feedback to workers who are correctly doing their jobs, helping them to enjoy their work.
9. Imagination - Ability to generate new business ideas.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Show offices to prospective tenants and sign them to a mutually beneficial lease. Manager will have the authority to negotiate terms as set by his/her supervisor. All prospective tenants must be investigated before a lease is signed.
2. After a tenant has signed a lease, all terms of the lease must be carried out such as any tenant improvements and new signage. Manager is to work with contractors to make sure improvements are done correctly and on time.
3. Promote the properties in any way possible. This may include direct mailings and phone solicitations.
4. Proper accounting records are to be kept on receipts and payments. Rent is to be collected and deposited in the bank account on a regular basis.
5. Neat and proper records are to be maintained on all tenants (past and present) and on property maintenance.
6. Be responsive to tenants. Make sure tenants are satisfied - even when they have complaints or problems.
7. Make sure all maintenance, janitorial, and landscaping work is getting done. Inspections the work of the staff is to be done regularly. Sub-par work is not to be accepted. Make sure the property is being maintained well.
8. Do everything possible to keep expenses to a minimum.
9. Be willing to put in the necessary time to do your job effectively. If necessary, be willing to fill in for other workers who are unable to attend to their duties (ie. sick).
10. Maintain a well groomed and professional appearance. No jeans or T-shirts unless appropriate for the work you are doing. If jeans or a T-shirt is necessary for a job, after the job is complete, change into more professional clothes.
11. Continually improve on your skills as a sales person and manager.
12. Anything else deemed necessary by your Supervisor.