The Vice President of Human Resources is ultimately responsible for the continuing development and implementation of CityTeam's personnel philosophy and practices as they relate to existing operations and global expansion efforts. (S)he will consult with and advise the President, executive management teams, City Directors and personnel officers regarding current human resource needs, trends and how they relate to CityTeam's personnel policies and procedures. Working in conjunction with other members of the team, (s)he will research and document both existing and new policies as they relate to personnel. Direct responsibilities include recruitment, research and application of personnel concepts, strategies and methodologies, labor law updates, benefit and compensation analysis, immigration and strategic planning.
1. Develop an understanding of the relationship between CityTeams platform ministries and our church planting methodology.
2. Develop and maintain recruiting and staffing strategies to insure effective implementation of CityTeams Mission Statement and ministry philosophy.
3. Be available to mentor/disciple staff, clients and volunteers as appropriate
4. Responsible to analyze and present a Godly perspective on the human (personnel) impact of strategic decisions.
5. Pray regularly for CityTeam staff, clients and the lost.
1. Produce Human Resource budget reflecting needs of branch cities, with input from local areas, and make periodic adjustments and reviews.
2. Monitor expenses relative to budget and revenue.
3. Participate in budget and approval process at executive management team levels.
4. Oversee staffing portion of annual budget prep and mid-year revision processes.
Staff Training and Development
1. Continue to develop and update training programs for city leadership designed to increase awareness and competency in areas of spiritual leadership, managerial skills, staff development, recruiting, representation, records management, accountability systems and conflict resolution.
2. Insure implementation and ongoing revision of an extensive new staff orientation program incorporating spiritual commitment, historical overview, organizational structure, development training, benefits, and procedural overview.
3. Facilitate periodic "teambuilding" activities including staff retreats, thanksgiving praise celebration and group outings.
4. Continue to develop and structure a biblical human resources strategy emphasizing the spiritual value of the individual and incorporating spiritual gift discovery, placement in area of giftedness, enhancement of gifting, etc.
1. Coordinate recruitment and selection of Executive, Director and Professional level staff, and act in advisory capacity in the selection of other staff when necessary.
2. Coordinate review of all disciplinary and grievance procedures.
3. Act as consultant for cities on all matters relative to personnel policies and procedures as requested.
4. Supervise Human Resources staff and conduct annual performance reviews.
5. Model spiritual leadership to CityTeam Human Resources staff.
6. Assist in development of new job descriptions, and insure proper classification and salary ranges are established.
7. Facilitate development of internal network to increase communication between cities, departments and divisions.
1. Update and compile documentation of current policies and procedures, with the input of executive teams and approval of the Board of Trustees.
2. Consolidate and circulate ongoing changes in CityTeam policies to local cities.
3. Monitor adherence to personnel policy.
1. Oversee review of various carriers and types of coverage and approve all benefit carrier changes.
2. Monitor compliance with established guidelines effecting coverage.
4. Conduct ongoing analysis of staffing statistics and national trends which might influence selection of benefit package.
5. Insure comprehensive description of CityTeam's benefit package is distributed to new staff in all cities.
1. Consult and advise leadership regarding labor law regulations/policies and how they relate to our staffing needs.
2. Maintain master file on all CityTeam personnel including date of hire, salary information and termination dates.
3. Coordinate annual update of standard salary scale guidelines incorporating regional cost of living ratios.
4. Develop international salary guidelines and annual comparative analysis process.
5. Review current immigration laws as they relate to CityTeam personnel, make recommendations regarding criteria for green card and visa applications and coordinate application process.
1. Participate in the following meetings:
Executive leadership teams
Trustees executive Committee
Quarterly Board meetings
1. Establish and monitor accomplishment of personal goals for support development and direct solicitation.
2. Encourage, support and hold Human Resources staff accountable in fulfilling their personal support responsibilities.
1. Represent CityTeam in local, regional and national personnel organizations
2. Be available to speak in local churches, service clubs, colleges etc. for the purpose of familiarizing others with the goals, objectives and programs of CityTeam.
1. Develop global recruiting strategy and materials as needed.
2. Insure analysis of existing recruiting mechanisms and incorporate new methods as needed.
3. Train, supervise and mentor recruiting staff.
1. Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian community living out the Shimah (hearing and obeying the Word)
2. Must have compatible theology on major issues of CityTeam's statement of faith.
3. Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
4. Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
5. Must be multi task and detail oriented, have good systems knowledge and strong organizational skills.
6. Must have demonstrated people management and interpersonal communication skills, be able to handle conflict resolution, and have a keen desire to serve others.
7. Minimum of Bachelors degree in related field required. Additional studies or training in religious studies or counseling field preferred.
8. Executive management experience with labor law or global personnel emphasis preferred.
9. Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
10. Previous supervisory and team management experience required.
11. Must have excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
12. Must demonstate the ability to think ahead and move current policies and practices into alignment with the ministrys future goals
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Administrative AssistantCanyonville Christian Academy
- Canyonville, Oregon
- October 10
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
CityTeam Ministries is a non-profit organization serving the poor and homeless in San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Portland, Seattle, Philadelphia and partnerships in over 9 other countries around the world. More...