Heritage Christian Academy Job Description
Position: Principal Reports to: Senior Pastor of CrossPointe
Mission: To assist parents and the church in equipping students with a Christ-centered, Bible-based kingdom education enabling them to thrive academically, spiritually, physically, and socially in a manner that glorifies God.
A. Spiritually, the employee shall possess characteristics that reflect:
1. Acceptance without reservation of the CrossPointe and HCA doctrinal beliefs
2. A strong, clear Christian testimony
3. A mature, godly spirit
4. A person of faith and prayer
5. A Biblical worldview
B. Personally, the employees life shall reflect:
1. A lifestyle of biblical integrity
2. A spirit of dedication, commitment, flexibility, and responsiveness
3. The ability to listen and respond to counsel
4. Being a team player
5. Being a self-starter, a motivator, a "builder"
1. Actively promote the mission of HCA through written and verbal communications to staff, parents, and students.
2. Ensure that all academic and extra-curricular programs of the school reflect the mission of HCA.
3. Provide leadership in evaluating the school mission and program through school accreditation, short range planning, and long range planning.
1. Regularly attend worship and small group opportunities at CrossPointe, tithe, and participate in building the body through God-given spiritual gifts.
2. Meet regularly with school leadership to strategically plan ways the ministry of the school can be a blessing to CrossPointe Church.
3. Meet regularly with the pastors and staff of CrossPointe to ensure coordination of programs and quick problem resolution.
4. Integrate church and school activities whenever possible.
5. Promote the position of the school as a ministry of CrossPointe to staff, parents, and students.
6. Promote the ministries of CrossPointe to the HCA school community as appropriate.
7. Build appropriate connections to the leadership of local churches whose students attend HCA.
1. Attend and participate in all Ministry Team meetings.
2. Ask the Ministry Team for an annual evaluation of the schools operation in relation to stated goals and mission, and for periodic reviews of their own functioning as a board.
3. Lead the school in accreditation.
4. Participate in short and long range planning with school leaders.
5. Involve the faculty in decision-making, evaluation, and problem solving.
6. Lead in the planning of Fall Away, Fifth Grade Outdoor Education Camp, Spiritual Emphasis Week, and the ninth grade class trip.
7. Participate in, lead, and speak in chapels.
8. Develop and oversee the school master schedule.
9. Oversee the elementary and junior high school budget.
10. In conjunction with other administrators, plan and formulate the school calendar.
1. Pray for staff daily.
2. Attract well-qualified faculty and staff members and implement a plan for retaining them through equitable compensation plans, sound staff development and evaluation programs, and concern for their spiritual growth.
3. Direct the daily operation of HCA through supervision of staff, coordination of activities and setting the tone for a quality Christian educational program.
4. Establish and maintain clear lines of authority.
5. Assign personnel as needed.
6. Lead in the oversight of ACSI certification of teachers.
7. Supervise and conduct classroom observations of teachers and all specialists in the grade levels assigned, and report the results to the School Board.
8. Respond to and initiate a process for handling teacher grievances; inform the School Board of all grievances and the Senior Pastor of serious grievances.
9. Supervise and provide input to the Athletic Director in the development and scheduling of the junior high sports program.
10. Lead in the preparation and implementation of teacher in-services.
11. Supervise the school secretary and through her coordinate the activities of the school office.
12. Plan and conduct weekly faculty meetings for teachers in the grade levels assigned.
13. Maintain and regularly update teacher personnel files.
14. Respond in a timely fashion to teacher leave requests and budget requisitions.
1. Remain accessible and responsive to all constituencies, ensuring that parents are kept informed about the schools policies, programs and the progress of their children.
2. Plan, execute, and participate in New Parent Orientation, Back-to-School Night, Open House, the State of the School Address, sixth and seventh grade orientations, and other parent meetings.
3. Communicate with parents weekly through articles in the school newsletter.
4. Meet with parents in a timely manner over academic, social, sports and other concerns; inform the School Board of all significant concerns and the Senior Pastor of serious concerns and the plan for resolution.
1. Oversee the coordination of student activities appropriate to the grade levels assigned, such as the Geography Bee, Math Olympics, Honor Society, ASB, etc.
2. Serve as the primary agent in handling classroom concerns and student discipline.
3. Assist in counseling students in the grade levels assigned as needed.
4. Supervise hallways before school and at lunch and breaks, and the parking lot after school.
5. Coordinate the testing of students in the grade levels assigned.
6. Process Focus of Concerns for students in the grade levels assigned.
G. Miscellaneous: Curriculum, Volunteers, etc.
1. Develop yearly calendars and maintain a schedule of all school events.
2. Be a good steward of school resources through prudent budgeting and financial management, yearly reviews or audits, maintenance of the physical plant, fundraising, and development and review of current and long range planning.
3. Approve the public relations programs of the school including development of brochures, media releases, websites, etc.
4. Use available computer programs as related to job functions.
5. Cooperate with leaders of other Christian or independent schools to ensure that good relations among schools are protected, especially in the four sensitive areas of admissions, marketing, faculty recruitment, and fundraising.
6. Carry out all mandates and other duties that assure the successful operation of HCA as assigned by the Ministry Team.
7. Participate and serve as a representative of HCA to groups such as the North Sound School District, PACS and ACSI.
8. Serve as a participant on the HCA curriculum committee and lead in the scheduling and review of K-9th grade curriculum.
9. Attend and participate in monthly PTF meetings.
10. Serve as ACSI contact in the CEU approval process.
A. Preferred: Masters degree in content/skill area
B. A minimum of ten (10) years instructional experience
C. Demonstrated administrative ability to manage staff and resources
D. Demonstrated knowledge of instruction and biblical integration in grade levels assigned
E. Washington state and /or ACSI administrative certification
F. Member in good standing at CrossPointe Church of Bothell
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Administrative AssistantCanyonville Christian Academy
- Canyonville, Oregon
- October 10
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Heritage Christian Academy-Bothell
Heritage Christian Academy is a ministry of CrossPointe Church of Bothell, maintains a non-denominational approach, and enrolls 300 students from over 80 local churches. HCA has dual accreditation by the Association of Christian Schools International and by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools. Preschool, elementary school and junior high students are served at our Bothell campus through ninth grade. Students may move on from our junior high school to graduate from our district high school, North Sound Christian High. Bus transportat More...