This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Student Ministries Coordinator- Semester In Spain
Semester In Spain- Trinity Christian College
Seville, , Spain
Date Posted: 03/23/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
Student Ministries Coordinator living and working in Seville, Spain, starting August, 2007
Bachelors degree in Spanish, Church Ministry, or similar desired. Mission-minded with a commitment to living a Christ-centered life in Seville. Student leadership development experience and familiarity with Seville (prior living experience preferred). Maturity to work with North American college students and Spanish staff that includes professors and professionals. Fluency or near fluency in Spanish. Demonstrated commitment to integrate faith and learning among those studying abroad. Knowledge of the Spanish evangelical church is desired. Musical abilities a plus.
Ability to make a two-year commitment would be desirable.
The Student Ministries Coordinator is an integral member of the team in Seville that provides service and instruction to students who come mostly from small Christian universities in the U.S. The SMC will reside in Seville and will assume a three-quarter time position at Acento de Trinity, Trinity's school in Seville. The essential role of this position will be to:
1. Oversee ministry to American students in Spain that will: result in a greater understanding of the Christian Church in Seville, pose reflective challenges to our Christian students while they are in Spain, engage them to be able to integrate their faith with classroom learning, and a vision to utilize the Spain experience to promote Christ-like service when they return home.
2. Coordinate a weekly praise, worship, and reflection time that incorporates students personal experiences in Spain, meeting Spanish Christians, and a consideration of what it means to be a believer studying abroad.
3. Counsel students in issues relating to homesickness, spiritual crisis, anxiety, depression, relationships (with Spaniards and other students) and re-entry.
4. Facilitate a Service Learning course, coordinate and supervise service learning sites, and develop student programming for corporate service projects at these sites.
5. Report to the Director in Spain to discuss direction and semester plan
6. Regularly confer with International Director and Assistant Director on progress.
Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience. Benefits include one round-trip airfare between Seville and major U.S. city per year.
Review of applications to take place after May 1. All inquiries and requests for applications should be directed to:
Larry Boer, Human Resources Manager
Trinity Christian College
6601 West College Dr.
Palos Heights, IL 60463
Trinity Christian College is a four-year liberal arts college located in Palos Heights, Illinois, a suburb twenty miles southwest of Chicago. Since its founding in 1959, Trinity has provided its students with an excellent Christian higher education in the Reformed tradition. The college enrollment in the traditional program in fall 2006 is 1,028, of whom two-thirds live on campus. We offer majors in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences, as well as professional programs in accounting and business administration, nursing, education, computer science, pre-medicine, and pre-law. Trinity also offers adult degree completion programs in business and education. Trinity Christian College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Trinity encourages applications without regard to ethnic background, disability, gender, or national origin.