Divisional Planned Giving Director, Texas
Come join one of the oldest and most successful planned giving programs in the United States. The Salvation Army is looking for a dynamic, experienced Planned Giving professional to lead, manage, cultivate, solicit and steward planned gifts in Texas.
This position will be based in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX .and be responsible for engaging The Salvation Army’s donors in planned and deferred gifts, with responsibility for identifying prospects, designing and implementing gift planned strategy, providing guidance
in gift structures that achieve donor’s goals and stewardship of donors with deferred gift commitments, and lead the marketing program for the gift planning team. The Director will manage a small portfolio of donors and lead the gift planning team (5 associate
planned giving directors around the state and 2 support staff) while providing gift planning expertise for the team. Growth potential to a Senior Divisional Planned Giving Director would be a career progression opportunity.
If you are seeking an organization with a strong commitment to professional development, this career opportunity may be for you.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in planned giving fundraising. Advanced planned giving experience preferred
- 3 years successful management experience
- Proven track record of planned giving achievement
- Knowledge of best practices in planned giving including all relevant rules, regulations, and programs/policies for meeting compliance with a variety of planned giving vehicles.
- Experience and a strong desire to help people over 65 make decisions
- Affinity for the mission of a worthwhile Christian cause
- Bachelors’ Degree from a four year accredited college or university
Essential Job Function highlights include:
- Plans, develops, coordinates, administers and supervises all phases of a Planned Giving Program for an assigned Division.
- Leads and supervises two Associate Planned Giving Directors and support staff with the responsibilities of soliciting and securing planned gifts throughout division; instructs and trains staff on the proper methods and procedures; monitors work for compliance,
coaches and trains staff.
- Reviews, accepts, and submits all gifts and agreements from directors (wills, trusts, annuities, pooled income funds as well as outright gifts of stocks and property).
- All types of weekly, monthly quarterly reports
- Donor development and relationship responsibilities
Candidates should recognize that The Salvation Army is a Church and be able to uphold the Mission of The Salvation Army. Candidates must also be able to verbalize a strong personal connection to the Mission of our organization.
We offer a competitive salary, company vehicle, and an outstanding benefits package. For consideration please send a cover letter and resume.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer