**To learn more about this position and to apply please visit our website at
Medical Teams International seeks an experienced leader who brings both vision as well as the ability to roll up their sleeves to guide development and deployment of information systems throughout our global operations. Medical Teams is a non-profit global
health relief and development agency with 600 staff and offices in the US (Portland OR, Redmond WA and Grand Rapids MI), Uganda, Liberia, Haiti, Guatemala, and Cambodia.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience with a) development, deployment, and maintenance of information systems including ERP, field data, web tools and analytics and b) familiarity with networking, virtualization and, ideally, cloud migration.
Medical Teams utilizes the Microsoft technology platform (Dynamics ERP, Exchange Lync, SharePoint, etc.) and is a member of NetHope.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and maintain an integrated information and technology system and plan that aligns with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Ensure that information systems and technology support business processes and stakeholder requirements and are consistent with industry best practices.
- Ensure that the necessary and cost-effective software, networks, databases, communication systems and end user technology are acquired and fully utilized.
- Ensure that information and technology training and support are extended to all offices.
- Ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of our corporate information and communications systems.
- Ensure that all data and communication systems have a robust and tested disaster recovery program in place.
- Continually improve team productivity and project management processes
- Hire, monitor, assess, and improve staff performance and evaluate, and approve staff time
- Carry out progressive and annual performance reviews for all direct reports.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Commitment to Mission Statement: A qualified candidate will demonstrate commitment to Medical Teams International mission statement.
- Computer science or related degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required up to 2 to 3 times per year
- Valid passport required
- Seven years progressively responsible experience in the information systems/technology field
- Three years experience with Microsoft server technology and related applications
- Three years experience (five+ preferred) in managing or leading a technology/information systems group including setting budgets, and staffing decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- ITIL certification is a plus.
- Considerable knowledge of data processing, information systems, computerized financial and other applications, Local Area Networks (LANs) and cloud-based services.
- Prepare and analyze complex reports.
- Maintain efficient and effective automated systems.
- Develop software programming at an intermediate level.
- Effectively lead a team and supervise staff.
- Plan, organize, and follow-through on projects.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Work flexible schedule and weekends as needed including responding to emergencies.
Communication Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, staff, company officials and vendors.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Computer Skills Required
- Advanced user skills with standard Microsoft Office and communication software (e.g., Lync)
- Intermediate to advanced abilities with IT/IS software such as Microsoft Activity Directory, Exchange Server, SQL server, SharePoint, Configuration Manager, Data Protection Manager, Operations Manager, Visual Studio
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics GP and CRM; analysis tools; HR management tools (payroll, recruiting); web tools and design.