Outreach Marketing was founded in 1996 with a clear mission of equipping the Church to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Over its history, Outreach has equipped over 150 thousand churches in the US and through its network of websites over 20 million church leaders and 100 million Christians in every country of the world.
Outreach equips churches through branding, invitations, websites, campaigns, films, banners, curriculum and more. While the main website is outreach.com, what makes Outreach unique is that it also owns many of the top media and web channels reaching church leaders and Christians around the world. These channels include Outreach Magazine, FaithIt.com, SermonCentral.com, ChurchLeaders.com, , ToSaveALife.com, ForEveryMom.com and ChurchJobFinder.com. These channels reach over 120 million unique users a year with over 400 million page views, allowing . These channels allow Outreach to not only advertise and market their tools to churches, but also provide marketing to companies wanting to reach the faith audience.
Outreach has 135 full time employees and is experiencing its best years in terms of ministry reach and profitability. Over the next five years, Outreach expects to hire 100 additional team members.
Although Outreach is structured for profit, they are driven by mission, resulting in a dynamic and agile approach to “business as ministry.” The company tithes from its profits to local and national ministries that support the Church. The Colorado-Springs based company has established five divisions under the umbrella of Outreach, Inc. These divisions include:
- Marketing Products: Creating tools to help churches communicate God’s love, including printing, banners, invitations, campaigns, websites and books/study materials via Outreach Publishing
- Films: Reaching communities for Christ through the power of film
- Publishing: Developing books and study materials that share God’s love
- Events: Sourcing speakers, comedians and performers for church events
- Magazine: Providing a bi-monthly publication offering outreach insights for churches
- Media Group: Providing digital and printed content to equip Christians worldwide including websites, Outreach magazine and the advertising sales division
Goals for 2015 are to achieve $26M in revenue (currently on target) coupled with an expansion in the number of church partners. By 2020, Outreach aims to grow revenues to $40 - 50M, and to have reached every home in the US with an invitation to a local church. Additional revenue translates into more lives being reached, and therefore more individuals being brought to salvation through Jesus Christ. There is tremendous potential in the Outreach brand that has yet to be realized. The CMO will be a strategic leader in the development and realization of that potential with the ultimate purpose of maximizing Kingdom impact.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong relational, leadership and management skills
- Proven track record in marketing, sales and product development
- Experience and understanding of LEAN principles, e-commerce, social media, social networks, social technologies, digital marketing, CRM and dashboards
- Excellent written communication skills (including advertising copy experience), along with outstanding verbal communication skills to audiences both internal and external
- Authentic love for and understanding of the Evangelical Church with an understanding of church marketing
Hire, organize and structure high performing teams
- Recruit, train and build Marketing, Sales, Creative and Product Development teams in support of current and future goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain a performance framework for marketing and sales, which directly ties marketing activities to company-wide financial performance metrics
Increase revenue and profitability
- Achieve 2015 Outreach revenue and profit goal
- Plan, direct and coordinate marketing budgets in accordance with organizational goals
- Create the strategy and oversee execution of a plan to grow revenues to $40 - 50M by 2020 In conjunction with other executives
Drive increased page views and sales on websites
- Increase unique users and revenue on all websites, including outreach.com, backtochurch.com, outreachwebsites.com through strategic leverage of Social Media, PPC and online advertising
- Provide marketing and creative support to the Outreach Media Group websites, including SermonCentral.com, ChurchLeaders.com, FaithIt.com, ToSaveALife.com, ForEveryMom.com, ChurchJobFinder.com
- Coordinate media and messaging across online and traditional channels to targeted customers, utilizing and maximizing the Outreach brand
- Facilitate the agreements/contracts with ministries, publishers, studios, authors and partners
- Guide publishing development including acquisitions, direct to church and retail sales
Create new partnerships
- Develop strong relationships with an expanded circle of movie producers, publishers, ministries and mega churches
- Garner credibility internally and externally with objective of becoming the dual face and voice of Outreach over time
- Represent Outreach through the avenues of conference speaking, blogging, social media and writing
Develop marketing and product strategies
- Oversee development of a diverse body of products and services including print, websites, publishing and film products
- Grow National Back To Church Sunday from 26,000 churches participating each year into a movement with 50,000 churches reaching every home in America.
- Lead, execute, and shape the direction of the product marketing strategy with an emphasis on building strong internal resources, augmented by external consultants as needed
- Anticipate changes in how the Church will approach evangelism in the future, and be proactive in crafting new messages and products to address likely changes
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND TRAITS
- Strong work ethic
- Evangelical follower of Jesus Christ who is committed to a growing, ongoing relationship with Christ
- Values evangelism and is able to effectively communicate personal faith
- Regularly attends and is engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing local church
- Pursues healthy family relationships and displays strong commitment to spouse if married
- Displays a lifestyle consistent with sound Christian principles
- Embraces the Outreach, Inc. Statement of Belief, and is in agreement with the strategic objectives promulgated by Outreach
Outreach, Inc. has retained AGORA Consulting to lead the search for the Outreach CMO. AGORA is a faith-based Colorado Springs executive search firm providing retained search and selection services to clients locally, nationally and internationally. Founded on April 1, 2000, AGORA offers a record of 100% success in placing pastors, key executives and senior level professionals in churches and non-profit organizations.
For further details regarding this role, contact:
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Trinity School of Natural Health - COOVanderbloemen Search Group
- Warsaw, Indiana
- October 12
Whether you're searching for a CEO or Senior VP, an Advancement professional, or a church or ministry leader, AGORA Consulting has the team and the process that can match top-tier talent with great career opportunities. From global corporations to regional specialists, we have a unique approach to match talent with opportunity. Maximize your non-profit organization's potential by hiring the perfect fit for your mission. We don't just find people. We find the right people. More...