Kairos Prison Ministry
Employee: New position
Title: Marketing/Communications Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Last Revised: March, 2015
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Executive Director, who is the CEO, the specialist will help manage communication activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s brand reputation. The Marketing/Communications Specialist will focus on coordinating the communications tools for the ministry to use locally, nationally, and on external communication opportunities for the ministry. The position will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities. The work includes: developing marketing tools (brochures, videos, and promotional items); lead national website structure and content, along with social media in integrated approach; writing grants and appeals for donations; establishing media and public relations opportunities for the ministry; newsletters, annual report, and other written correspondence; and marketing. Ability to think strategically, develops plans, and implements the work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communication strategies and implementation for brand, website, video, and brochures in all channels; broaden awareness of the ministry; and increase visibility of the ministry through the international office. Ensure consistent message across all tools and channels.
- Create marketing/public relations plans to cultivate and enhance relationships. Coordinate the media and public relations time for the Executive Director, providing tools and materials for successful interaction. Manage all media contacts. Ability to support the ministry spokesperson.
- Oversee communication operations including website and new media, annual report, press releases, etc.; associated vendors; marketing and electronic communications on behalf of the office. Implement expansion of existing marketing/communications and development of new tools in alignment with Executive Director’s strategies and direction.
- Manage database utilization at national level on daily basis for marketing and communication purposes.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, and other supporting material as needed.
- Develop grant proposal strategy and implementation; writing grants and reports; manage the direct mail appeals content timely to increase funds; manage website for donations; and other fundraising related duties as defined.
- Develop, write, and produce written and electronic collateral including but not limited to brochures, newsletters, videos, website, and other tools. Develop social media plan and manage utilization at national level.
- Coordinate national website plans, development and utilization with new, updated and consistent information.
- Work with Executive Director in identifying donors with particular interest in funding Kairos Prison Ministry. Provide program information and testimonies/stories as needed for donor cultivation.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and enable the ministry, staff and volunteers.
- Provide budget needs and manage expenses accordingly.
- Personally represent, promote, and support Kairos Prison Ministry.
- Create an environment of teamwork, accountability, and professionalism within the office team and volunteer groups.
- Ability to lead technology use and improve written documents for the ministry.
- Keep presentations and brochures up to date on regular basis.
- Work with Ministry Committees as defined by Executive Director.
- Ability to think strategically, develops plans, and implements the work.
- Other support for Executive Director/CEO as needed.
- Communications: The employee must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills to enable the ministry to operate with excellence, professionalism, and with the appropriate tools. Knowledge of media and public relations.
- Marketing: The employee must have excellent knowledge of marketing principles and implementation.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the organization. The employee exhibits creative problem solving and a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Approach: The employee must have the ability to relate the passion for the Christian ministry in all channels of communication and marketing, with broad understanding of the marketing and communication disciplines. Producing excellent work in cost effective ways that portray the mission, vision, core values, and statement of faith of the ministry.
- BS/BA in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field. Non-profit and/or Christian ministry experience preferred. Effective people skills required. Exceptional written communications skills.
- Experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletter, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print and electronic publications. Samples of writing and work required.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Desktop publishing software with ability to use all systems efficiently. Knowledge of web content management and utilization.
- Experience in fundraising through various electronic, print, and media. Knowledge in grant writing and working with Foundations.
- Individual will possess strong leadership, organization and analytical skills; strong customer service orientation; excellent communication and decision making skills. Individual possesses ability to work without organizational authority in a lateral direction across organizational boundaries to identify needs and to implement solutions that fulfill them. Position requires the ability to work independently and as a team player, while being results oriented.
- Strong Christian leader who has desire to work full time in ministry and serve with others. Full agreement with Kairos Statement of Faith and conducting self in biblical manner.
Kairos Prison Ministry International is a Christian faith-based ministry that addresses the spiritual needs of incarcerated men, women, youth, their families and those who work with them.
Environment and Conditions:
Office is located in a one-story office building in DeBary, Florida (near Orlando, Florida) where staff offices are located. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work and travel, as well as interactions with staff members, volunteers, media, and others. Position requires occasional heavy lifting of boxes, up to 40 pounds. Filing in lateral and upright file cabinets is necessary. Domestic travel is required. International travel may be needed occasionally. Weekend work is required when in the ministry field. Occasional evening work is necessary for committee phone calls or during travel.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Board Operator-Denver, COSalem Media Group
- Denver, Colorado
- September 23