This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
St. Anne's Center
Ogden, Utah, United States
Date Posted: 05/02/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
St. Anne's Center is a homeless shelter and soup kitchen which provides case management for the at-risk population in Ogden, UT. Our long range goal is to help people reconnect withm and become a part ot the Ogden community.
This position is the Executive Director of the 501(c)(3) corporation-St. Annes Center, Ogden, Utah. The Executive Director is responsible for all day-to-day operations and programs relating to the St. Annes Center.
This position requires the ability to maintain current levels of funding and obtain increased funding for the development of transitional programs. It will require experience applying for government and foundation grants, and the ability to approach churches, businesses and individuals to ask for financial support.
The successful candidate will serve as the organizational representative to State and local government agencies, and will be capable of maintaining cooperative relationships with funding sources, the Board of Trustees, partners, staff, and others within the community.
1. Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of Saint Annes, including personnel management, facility management, programming and planning.
2. Develops and implements fundraising strategies and plans. Maintains current grants and searches for additional grant-writing opportunities.
3. Develops programs for meeting the needs and services of the low income and homeless population, and coordinates these programs with social service agencies, faith based entities and other applicable organizations in the community.
4. Communicates and advocates St. Annes mission, programs and philosophy to the community through presentations, publications, media and active community participation.
5. Develops budget and approves organizational expenditures and contracts in accordance with the budget and Board policy.
6.Prepares, distributes and maintains monthly reports for the Board and other reports as requested by the Board and all funding sources. Directs and coordinates fact-finding or research activities for St. Annes.
7. Manages agency operations and facilities to ensure St. Annes meets local, State and Federal standards and codes.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities
1. Management - administration, communication, information systems, human resource management, labor relations, personnel evaluation, disciplinary processes, and organizational structure.
2. Fundraising - Ability to write grants. Knowledge of government funding cycles and foundations. Competency in raising funds for non-profit organizations.
3. Programming - Skill in organizational leadership, preferably in social services or multiple program management. Background in developing and/or managing training programs and client service operations.
4. Public Relations - Able to promote an organization and help them receive positive publicity in the community.
5. Financial - Skill in fiscal management and budgeting.
6. Other - Proficiency in English written and oral; second language in Spanish desirable.
Education, Training, and/or Experience
1. Bachelors Degree in business administration, social service management, non-profit management, or organizational behavior. Related Masters Degree preferred.
2. Proven leadership background in non-profit administration, fundraising, supervision, fiscal management, public relations, program development and organization.
3. Experience working with "at risk" and/or homeless populations preferred.