Human Resources Manager
Position Summary: Manages all aspect of Human Resources (HR) and Safety for HVAC manufacturing company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports all general managers by advising them on HR practices and procedures.
- Oversees all aspects of safety for all locations.
- Maintains all hazardous waste manifests.
- Keeps all employee records and status current, including medical & personnel files.
- Addresses all labor-related & industry focused issues throughout the organization, with a leadership focus on Anaheim CA and Everett Washington.
- Maintains and manages all EDD cases.
- Ensures organizations stays current with state and federal laws and regulations affecting HR within all branches of the organization.
- Researches and disseminates information to managers and/or employees on labor-related legal and policy changes as needed.
- Seeks and presents new HR systems to further support the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Responds to the HR needs and challenges of departmental leadership/management as needed.
- Provides facilitation of select training programs for both management and employee development.
- Coordinates the employee recruitment, selection, hiring and orientation processes.
- Directs and supports managerial staff regarding employee reviews and performance appraisals.
- Coordinates and participates in all employee discipline up to and including terminations.
- Serves on the Leadership Team.
- Maintains organizational charts.
- Travels to outlining branches when necessary.
- Initiates and supports all activities that continuously pursue 2-Second Lean improvements.
- Becomes an ongoing “Lean Innovator”.
- Performs a daily “3S” inspection within work area to maintain a clean, safe and standardized workspace.
Job Skills and Requirements
- A team-focused attitude that is both teachable and willing to take initiative
- Patience and self-control with employees, clients and the public-at-large
- Personable, enthusiastic, and committed to the mission and values of organization
- Working knowledge of CA, Washington and AZ labor and personnel laws
- 4 years working in an HR management position
- Understands performance management systems
- Works and understands CA and federal wage and hour laws
- 4 years of working directly in safety and/or CalOSHA (Title 8) regulations or equivalent
- A 4-year degree in business management or “like-minded” field is desired
- When necessary, works independently, proactively, and with minimal supervision
- Must recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate
- Ability to develop, set and meet defined deadlines
- Willing to contribute to a harmonious team attitude and effort
- Active focus on supporting positive relationships; treating people with dignity, respect, integrity and/or compassion
- Developed inter-personal skills, i.e. the ability to deal diplomatically with a wide range of customers and employees
- Methodical approach to compiling orders and reports
- Strong organization skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Takes direction well
- Detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Windows OS, email and internet usage
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluency in Spanish REQUIRED
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Human Resources & Volunteer CoordinatorChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 28
Human Resources & Benefits SpecialistWorldVenture
- Littleton, Colorado
- September 23
International Talent ManagementCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 21
Human Resources DirectorAspen Group
- Frankfort, Illinois
- September 7
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4