Operations Manager/Station On-Air Personality
Salem Media Group is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. Salem Media Group is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary based upon experience and a comprehensive benefit package including paid holidays and paid vacation for full time positions.
We currently have a full time position available for an Operations Manager at our radio station business unit in Little Rock, Arkansas. This individual will oversee all aspects of the on-air programming operations of our radio station in this market. Reporting to the General Manager.
- Provide leadership and oversight in the execution of an excellent on-air sound and image for the station, with a goal of growing and expanding audience engagement and response.
- Ensure compliance with FCC rules and regulations and Salem Media Group policies.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling of programming personnel.
- Perform on-air as a station personality either live or via voice-tracking.
- Appear at station events] remotes as a friendly “face” of the station.
- Work with station voiceover talent to create and produce station imaging and promos.
- Manage the daily functioning of automated program delivery resulting in a consistent, "tight," on-air product. A station sound with minimal if any episodes of “dead air“ or "audio collisions.”
- Be organized and able to create systems to accomplish an excellent on-air sound.
- Coordinate digital audio streaming processes including web and app based systems.
- Work with sales staff for on-air and promotional execution of sales promotions.
- Work with sales staff on production of commercial “spots.”
- Work with brokered programming clients on production of their programs.
- Work with station promotions director to maximize digital assets including websites; social media presence; and other emerging technologies.
- Several years of experience in radio programming/production/operations management
- Knowledge of digital automation systems (NexGen knowledge and experience a plus).
- Proficient in digital audio editing and production using various software packages
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC; Microsoft Office; etc.) Experience in creating graphics for web (i.e. use of Photoshop, etc.) would be a real plus as we utilize more internet graphics.
- Ability to solve problems with creativity.
- Ability to understand and program to the conservative and evangelical listening audience.
- A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes.
- Possess the ability to work in what will initially be a "streamlined" operation.
- Have the ability to successfully expand oversight to additional stations that may be added to the market cluster.
T0 APPLY: If you possess these qualifications and Salem Media Group sounds like the company for you, go to www.salemmedia.com , click on the “Careers” tab. There you will be able search for the job listing you are interested in. Click on the desired listing to open it. At the bottom of the listing click on the “Apply Online” link to submit your application.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
News Reporter-Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- October 21
Sales Marketing Assistant-Glendale, CASalem Media Group
- Glendale, California
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publ More...