General Sales Manager
Salem Media Group is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. Salem Media Group is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
We offer a competitive salary based upon experience and a comprehensive benefit package including paid holidays and paid vacation.
We currently have a full time position available for a General Sales Manager at our radio station business unit in Little Rock, Arkansas. This is a fantastic opportunity to experience good financial rewards while enjoying a team-oriented, high integrity
work culture, dedicated to securing the financial means that allow the station to influence the community with positive and uplifting programming. This is a highly relational position which demands an ability to further integrate and represent the station,
and elevate its status, within the fabric of the community and business culture.
- Give direction and oversight of the sales efforts for the Little Rock market radio station cluster.
- Aggressive, proactive commercial spot marketing to local advertisers; assisting with the creative positioning of the station(s) to the local community and its advertisers.
- Recruit exceptional talent.
- Train and motivate a strong sales staff and other key talent.
- Meet & exceed station financial budget/goals
- 5 years of successful radio station sales management in a comparable market
- Cluster sales management is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of conceptual spot sales
- Familiarity with the Evangelical Christian core audience, its issues and concerns
- Career stability
- Strong negotiating acumen
- The ability to model-by-doing, high-integrity sales leadership
- Professional with a positive and energetic style
- Stron character integrity who approaches management in a disciplined, yet flexible manner
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Photo Shop and Outlook software
- Excelle written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Good under pressure
- Able to handle multiple challenges simultaneously
- Must have an excellent driving record with valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Primary work days Monday – Friday, with some weekend work required.
T0 APPLY: If you possess these qualifications and Salem Media Group sounds like the company for you, go to www.salemmedia.com, click on the “Careers” tab. There you will be able search for the job listing you are interested in. Click on
the desired listing to open it. At the bottom of the listing click on the “Apply Online” link to submit your application.