This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Heroes of the Nation
CA, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/05/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: USA Heroes of the Nation Assistant Director
Heroes of the Nation (www.htn.org) is an organization with two current bases - Redding, CA and Nyahururu, Kenya. It is an organization dedicated to providing a home and outstanding education to orphans in Kenya. It is also dedicated to micro-enterprising so that this and all future HTN bases will be self-sufficient. The USA Assistant Director will live in Redding, CA and travel to Kenya (all expenses paid) at least once a year. The Salary will be compensated based on experience ($ 35,000-$ 55,000 annually).
MUST live in or being willing to relocate to Redding, CA
MUST have prior Non-Profit experience
Overall Job Description (Including but not limited to the following duties)
Oversee the following HTN Programs:
- Sponsor-Child letter writing program
- HTN donor development program; interfacing, communicating with donors and child sponsors.
- Child Sponsorship software program - tracking donations, sending receipts and new invitations with each receipt. This will require managing a staff person who does the data entry and provides reports.
- Heroes Holidays. This program enables people who want to go to HTN Africa to help in some way there (on a short term trip). Director will help plan trip including insurance, accommodations, travel plans, and follow up.
Communications and Internet Duties:
- Manage /Update HTN website with our web designer
- Oversee Internet Marketing Strategies including hiring internet "SEO" (Search Engine Optimization) to get good placement in engines
- Internet marketing for income-producing travel business in Kenya. A HTN goal is to set up Kenya Travel (KenyaTravel.com) office to handle a tourist trade in which people can visit the kids and the CULTRAL CENTER, stay in nice cabins and see the animals.
- Communicate with HTN Kenya Directors, Weston and Violet Gitonga, by phone once every two weeks.
- Interface with YWAM Mission Builders to help establish buildings in Kenya. This will be further explained upon further communications with YWAM.
- Write the HTN quarterly Newsletter for donors (compiling and editing information/stories sent by our journalist staff in Africa)
- Perform monthly accounting reviews of the HTN offices and ministry in Africa; Perform Donor directed funds compliance reviews once a month.
- Maintain HTN Quickbooks accounting system.
- Work with HTN CPA for yearly taxes.
- Work with HTN Board to create annual budget.
- Hire grant writers for specific development goals when needed.
Please send all resumes to: email@example.com
Must have Non-Profit Experience