Part-time Human Resource Manager
Salem Eagle, a division of Salem Media Group, headquartered in California, has an opening for a detail-oriented, organized, Human Resource Manager. This position reports to the Director of Operations in the DC Office and is primarily responsible for implementing
Corporate Human Resource policies and programs determined by the California Headquarters.
This is a DC in-house, hourly position that will work 20-24 hours per week (2-3 days per week).
Salem Eagle is a multimedia company publishing: conservative books, personal finance newsletters, alternative health advice. Our office is conveniently located on Capitol Hill, near Union Station on the METRO Red Line.
Key DC Human Resource Responsibilities include:
- Assist managers with recruitment
- Process new employee hires & conduct orientation
- Process employee terminations
- Manage annual performance evaluations
- Coordinate annual benefit open enrollment
- Assist with personnel issues & compliance
- Serve as onsite resource for corporate benefits questions
- Serve as liaison with Corporate HR Office
- Prepare annual Workers Compensation reporting
- Various office operation duties
- 5-7 years’ experience (min.) as Human Resource Manager
- Human Resource degree or certification preferred
- Knowledge of HR best practices and laws
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Hands-on Microsoft Office skills
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Salem Eagle by applying online at www.salemmedia.com, and click on Careers.