This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Just One Word
Zionsville (Indianapolis), Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 04/19/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
Provides leadership in the design, development, implementation, enhancement and support of Web based operations focusing on both configuration of existing off-the-shelf capabilities, as well as,
custom developed solutions. Builds the web site(s) and maintains its ongoing, user-friendly, and efficient functional abilities. Implements new Web pages and sites; integrates them with back end applications; migrates legacy applications to the Web; and performs day-to-day administration of the organizations Web portfolio. As necessary, may perform some duties expected of a Web Designer and/or Web Master.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Designs, develops, implements and maintains Web page infrastructure, user interface and superior overall customer experience for Just One Word web site(s) and applications including the overall navigation flow, layout of specific pages, and creation of individual graphic elements.
2. Develops, codes, installs, tests, debugs and documents Web-based applications using editors
3. Drives application architecture. Ensures that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design.
4. Insures ongoing web server and site technical performance. Responsible for development, maintenance and monitoring of all servers, host controllers, electronic publications and applications, and Web servers broadcasting an Internet domain.
5. Performs research and uses best practices and creative abilities to enhance technology, Web site design, and functionality. Seeks new ways to serve our Internet users and for ways to increase effectiveness and purpose of our Intranet site.
6. Utilizes technology to advise staff of fast, accurate, and secure methods of gaining access to information, so they can service Internet users in the most applicable and efficient manner possible.
7. COMPLIANCE: Monitors software licenses to ensure compliance; Administers all legal domains owned by Just One Word and insures that all Internet Standards are met and that we do not intentionally violate any standards that would place our domain in jeopardy; Performs audits and ensures appropriate security levels which may entail implementing applicable policies and procedures, performing intrusion testing, correcting vulnerabilities and implementing security related software.
8. Provides user support and technical assistance to staff.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Other/Non Essential Job Functions:
1. Manages the preparation of illustrative materials from artists and vendors as needed.
2. Assists with budgets and expense planning.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, graphic design, or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university. Will consider equivalent education/experience in an applicable computer science field. Internet/Intranet Certified (such as NCIP from Novell) or two years of web server management/development experience.
Requires five or more years experience in Web development (i.e. NET, ASP, C, Visual Basic, SQL, SharePoint portal software...), principles of networked computer systems and architectures, application, testing, project management, servers, operating systems and networking components in a network(s) exceeding 500 users.
Web-based graphic or Web Interface design experience using of a variety of Web development languages.
Extensive experience in Wide Area Networking (WAN) and Internet Infrastructure such as with JAVA, JAVA script, Pearl, and HTML programming, HTML Web technologies and applications.
Understands and has a heart for the Christian call to disciple, equip and serve. Is committed to engage others in spiritual growth through Christian information, cleverly applied education and captivating biblical applications suited to teenagers and young adult life experiences.
Experience with audio/video demonstration technologies is highly desirable.
Demonstrated leadership, innovation, execute with excellence and proactive capabilities.
Strong and effective communication skills of all kinds (i.e. written, verbal, listening, technical, interpersonal...).
KNOWLEDGE: Internet/web tools, technologies and protocols; computer graphic design techniques; security systems requirements and procedures; research sources for best practices; hard/software options, installation and confirmation; capacity planning, ability to evaluate and define user/system needs, recommend new IT solutions and evaluate Web server software and/or operating systems.
ABILITIES: Able to work independently with demonstrated dependability. Able to research; analyze; determine appropriate courses of action for complex technical problems; write technical specifications; work extended hours as needed; meet critical deadlines; and listen effectively to provide needed solutions. Must be visionary, team oriented, and able to plan strategically and execute tactically with excellence.
APPLICABLE SPIRITUAL GIFTS: administration, discernment, knowledge, service, teaching, wisdom. Secondary helpful gifts: encouragement, evangelism, faith, hospitality, leadership, preaching.
QUALITIES / CHARACTER TRAITS THAT WILL LEND TO THE INDIVIDUALS SUCCESS: Takes initiative, plans and prioritizes effectively, multitasks well, is articulate and engaging, able to influence others, is accepted and liked by others, maintains a positive outlook, enjoys making results happen especially under pressure or critical conditions, can both share credit and shoulder responsibility, exhibits humility, encourage others, function as a team-player and leader simultaneously, is well organized, collaborative, creative, and flexible.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Minimal as needed to research or network.
see job description