This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mason, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 12/05/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Purpose: Communicate and promote the vision and purpose of the not for profit organization with the goal of establishing partnerships with sending agencies, host country organizations and to contract opportunities with available Christian development workers.
1. Develop partnership relations between the organization and sending agencies, churches and individuals.
2. Represent the organization to interested groups, individuals, missions and churches
3. Report to the organizations Board of Directors and is subject to the Board of Directors.
4. Assist with the development of strategy and policies to advance the purpose of the organization.
5. Manage the day to day operation of the organization including the supervision, direction and control of staff and business affairs.
6. The Director is a non-voting ex-officio member of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee.
7. The Director position shall be one of self-support (voluntary) or the person may raise
the financial support by faith as necessary to cover expenses incurred while fulfilling duties
as Director. (NOTE: If the Executive Director candidate is serving with a mission agency, a seconding agreement could be developed with that agency and enable the candidate to continue support through that agency.)
9. Implement and accomplish tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors
10. Develop and mobilize relationships with potential donors and grant foundations to provide for the operating budget.
11. Office site is flexible and can be adapted to the Executive Director location and home.
The duration of the assignment will be set by contract negotiated with the Board of Directors
1. The highest priority is a strong relationship with Jesus Christ as exhibited by the
Candidates devotional life, personal conduct, marriage and family relationships.
2. Agree with the organizational purpose, goals and statement of faith.
3. Agree with the practice of scriptural norms and principles as presented in the Lausanne Covenant.
4. Knowledge of the 10/40 countries and the security issues necessary to work in such countries.
5. Strongly committed to the organizations methodology.
6. The ability to develop and maintain strong long-term, personal relationships.
7. Must be visionary, innovative, creative, and self-disciplined to establish and maintain a work schedule as negotiated by contract.
8. Physical health and capacity to fulfill the Executive Director responsibilities for the term as projected by the Board of Directors
If the position is interesting to you and you meet the criteria, please forward your CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that serious candidates will be provided organizational details as the screening process progresses.