This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Systems Administrator- Duel Platform
Total Living Network
Aurora, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 06/05/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Systems Administrator
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
DEPARTMENT: IT Department
REPORTS TO: IT Manager
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The position of Systems Administrator is to maintain the daily operation of the corporate LAN infrastructure to ensure systems are operational and highly available. This position is also responsible for supporting a MAC based production environment and provides occasional assistance to engineering for IP based broadcast systems. The role also interacts daily with local and remote end users helping to resolve any support issues. Additionally, provides mentoring for desktop user support staff. At times, this position requires late or early hours which are considered normal and occasional local day travel (less than 10%). The ability to work independently and make recommendations is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible to use best practice to ensure the proper functioning of equipment to support the corporate IT infrastructure. This will include proactive maintenance to correct problems that may prevent problems from occurring.
2. Assist IT Manager in maintaining a secure networking environment.
3. Responsible for maintaining system backups to ensure data integrity.
4. Provide support to remote locations.
5. Maintenance and support of desktop and laptop computers.
6. Maintenance and support of Apple workstations and associated equipment.
7. Assist with the setup and maintenance of mobile devises such as PDAs and smart phones.
8. Responsible for purchasing IT equipment and supplies as assigned by IT manager.
9. Mentor junior IT staff, desktop/laptop user support, and promote good operating practices.
10. Plan, develop and implement new methods to improve operations, greater utilization of labor and cost reduction measures as approved by IT manager.
11. Assume any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by IT manager.
Proficient and knowledgeable in a broad range of IT equipment and software. History of Mac and Windows software and servers required.
Due to the nature of a broadcasting operation there are times when the business or specific operational needs of TLN requires employees to be able to work beyond their normal scheduled work day. Support of broadcasting requires availability for scheduled work on evening and weekends.
1. This is Christian ministry organization which requires employee behavior to be consistent with Biblical standards.
2. Three year experience some college preferred.
3. In depth knowledge of Windows 2000 and 2003 server and XP.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft SUS.
5. Working knowledge of Backup Exec 10.
6. Experience with SAN and NAS technologies
7. Experience supporting MAC, preferably OS X.
8. Well-developed people skills to work in a service department
9. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.