This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Baptist Bible College & Seminary
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 07/11/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
BAPTIST BIBLE COLLEGE & SEMINARY
Position: Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Reports Directly to: President of Baptist Bible College and Seminary
Primary Function: Leads and oversees functional areas related to unrestricted, restricted, and planned giving fundraising, and marketing/ communications. Member of the Presidents Administrative Council. Facilitates collaboration among internal and external stakeholders to advance the mission and vision of BBC&S.
1. Fundraising - Through direct and indirect cultivation of major gift donors, is responsible for substantially increasing the levels of participation and dollars in annual giving, endowment assets, and special/capital campaign projects. Assists the President and the BBC Foundation Board in developing and implementing the strategy for continually funding the growth and excellence of the ministry. Leads, oversees or executes:
a. Activities and professional staffing in the development and Foundation program areas.
c. Appropriate mechanisms for the reporting of all fundraising results.
d. Donor relations programs, including planning and staffing.
e. Management and maintenance of automated and manual recordkeeping systems.
f. Cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
g. Planning and implementation of proposed capital campaigns.
h. Thoughtful and productive relationships between the Institutional Advancement division and the other departments and divisions it serves.
i. Assistance to the President in advancing the mission.
j. Collaboration with leaders of Enrollment Management and Alumni Relations.
k. Grant research and the creation and submission of proposals.
2. Leads and oversees Marketing/Communications
Should hold an advanced degree, have prior related work experience, have a ministry mindset, and should posses a variety of skills:
1. Interpersonal - Facilitate the development and maintenance of cooperative relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
a. Knowledge about human behavior and interpersonal processes.
b. Ability to understand the feelings, attitudes, and motives of others from what they say and do (empathy and social sensitivity).
c. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (speech fluency, persuasiveness).
d. Ability to establish effective and cooperative relationships (tact, diplomacy, listening skill, knowledge about acceptable social behavior).
2. Conceptual - Involve good judgment, foresight, intuition, creativity, and the ability to find meaning and order in ambiguous, uncertain events.
a. General analytical ability.
b. Logical thinking.
c. Proficiency in concept formation and conceptualization of complex and ambiguous relationships.
d. Creativity in idea generation and problem solving.
e. Ability to analyze events and perceive trends, anticipate change, and recognize opportunities and potential problems (inductive and deductive reasoning).
3. Behavioral - Facilitate trust, cohesiveness, and collaboration among group members such that they are all committed to a common shared goal.
a. Inspire a shared vision.
b. Challenge the process.
c. Model the way.
d. Enable others to Act.
e. Encourage the heart.
1. Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ. Acquaintances and colleagues will regard him or her as a person who follows biblical principles in both personal and professional dealings with others.
2. Must be able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. A candidate must have a strong sense of being led to ministry.
3. He or she should be a member of a local church that holds Baptist distinctives, is knowledgeable of the Word of God, and is passionate about education related to biblical truth.
4. He or she must be personally aligned with the mission and vision of BBC&S and must support its Confession of Faith/Standards of Conduct.
5. He or she should be a mature Christian who exhibits insightfulness, sensitivity, and spiritual discernment when dealing with others.
1. Should be a proven performer with appropriate bearing, polish, and personal demeanor, as well as a healthy level of self-confidence, emotional stability, and maturity.
2. Should possess a creative and quick intellect coupled with sound judgment, savvy, and problem solving abilities. A high energy level, strong work ethic, proactive and internal motivation. He or she should have a flexible personality able to work well with a wide range of styles and personalities.
3. Should have excellent skills with high standards of excellence in performance for self and others. A collaborative and participative management style is also a must, as are effective team skills.
Package includes salary, vacation, medical insurance, retirement, and on-campus lunch meals.