Working with Wycliffe Associates
Through the years, thousands of people have given generously of their time, talents, and treasure to help Bible translation around the world. The result: translation work has been accelerated, providing more translated Scriptures, more quickly, to people
who need to hear God’s Word. You have the opportunity to apply your talents as a key member of our Technology team.
What we’re looking for
Someone whose heart has been shaped and prepared to serve the Lord. You sense His calling to devote the work of your hands to ending Global Scripture Poverty. You’re also the kind of person who is serious about developing your craft, and have formal experience
and certifications to prove your expertise. Most of our business support systems run on Microsoft SQL Server, so we are looking for someone with SQL 2008 or 2012 certifications, or with the experience to start passing the certification exams in the first 90
days of employment. And you’re also ready to learn about Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Blackbaud Financial Edge, and any other project environments that come your way.
What we’ll do for you
We’ll give you a place where you can build things the way you’ve always wanted to, and make a difference in the process. We’ll pay for you to earn and keep current on your certifications. We’ll give you opportunities to grow, stretch, flex, and learn. Our
- Paid education and training
- Paid certification attempts (whether you pass or fail)
- Two weeks paid vacation (to start), plus a bunch of paid holidays
- Health Insurance for you and your family
- 1 Paid conference per year
To apply, click the Apply button below and send us a few paragraphs about these three things, plus your resume:
- Talk about the project you are most proud of. What was your part? What did you do that was innovative and made a difference? How as the project successful? Describe some challenges.
- Something God’s taught you from scripture in the past few months, including some thoughts about your calling into ministry at this time.
- The last certification test you took (pass or fail).
The answers to the questions are more important than your resume at this point. We promise to respond to every inquiry that has the questions answered within 72 hours. No waiting and wondering.
Our organization makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the
applicant or employee.
More details about the position
- Develop and maintain database integrations utilizing SSIS.
- Troubleshoot application problems arising from any production application.
- Provide assistance for others by creating efficient queries.
- Create custom reports and exports.
- Extensive experience with T-SQL developing stored procedures, triggers and functions.
- Deep understanding of performance tuning (including a solid understanding of execution plans and query metrics).
- Experience developing SSIS packages. Experience with new deployment options in SQL Server 2012 a big plus.
- Experience with SSRS, BIDS and SSDT.
- Experience with database administration including backup and recovery & performance monitoring a huge plus.
- Experience with Azure SQL Database a plus.
- Microsoft certifications in SQL Server 2008 or higher required.
- College degree in computer science (or related degree) preferred.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people.
- Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Ability to delegate work to others.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate the work of others.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual team.
- Has reliable transportation and can keep commitments.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.