This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Dean of Humanities and Science
Colorado Christian University
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 06/28/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
This position directs the Master of Arts in Counseling [MAC] program, will have direction over the development of graduate student mentoring initiatives for all of CAGS, and have academic oversight for undergraduate humanities and science courses. The MAC program is currently offered in classrooms on the Lakewood campus and at two regional centers. Many CAGS programs are designed for delivery in multiple centers and formats in support of its community penetration and ministry goals. To meet these objectives, the ability to lead and direct all aspects of academic leadership, spiritual formation, business development and specific program operations within the context of the universitys mission, vision, policies and resources is critical.
1. This individual will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ. Acquaintances and colleagues will regard him or her as a person who follows biblical principles in both personal and professional dealings with others.
2. This person must be able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. A candidate must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
3. It is expected that Colorado Christian University employees will actively participate in the life of a local church as part of faithful efforts to grow in Christlikeness.
4. Must be personally aligned with the mission and vision of CCU and able to support the Statement of Faith, Lifestyle Expectations, and Strategic Objectives.
Responsibilities & Duties
1. Direct the current Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC) program and related future counseling programs and specializations. This includes development and direction of related clinical, practicum and internship programs. Visit the MAC (Counseling) website for specific program information at www.ccu.edu/ccu/mac/
2. Demonstrate academic leadership, strategic thinking, and effective servant leadership that achieve assigned CAGS goals including spiritual formation, teaching excellence, enrollment growth, program expansion, community development and continuous quality improvement.
3. Provide exemplary leadership for faculty whose lives are being transformed by Christ and who are committed to Christ-centered higher education, effective teaching, academic achievement, professional excellence and inspirational scholarship.
4. Develop and administer academic programs, business plans and budgets associated with approved strategic plans and projects, including faculty recruiting, program marketing, course scheduling and event planning.
5. Demonstrate superior oral, interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with the university community, ministry partners, corporate partners and general audiences.
6. Demonstrate and maintain high standards in face-to-face, telephone and written communication. The Asst. Dean of Humanities & Sciences will regularly interact with student-customers, external partners, faculty, and staff.
7. Initiate academic, clinical and business development relationships with educational institutions, ministries, businesses, agencies and organizations (public and private) to achieve the strategic goals of the university and CAGS.
8. Provide high quality proactive academic and spiritual leadership for the faculty, students and progress associated with the graduate counseling programs.
9. Demonstrate ability to work effectively and positively with other administrators, faculty and staff to establish and maintain effective positive working relationships with all stakeholders. A polished, professional demeanor is required for this position. The Assistant Dean will regularly interact with student-customers, faculty, and staff.
10. Lead and direct the delivery of high quality student/customer service
11. Demonstrate strong participatory servant leadership skills.
12. Meet key performance indicating metrics in student learning, teaching effectiveness, enrollment, graduation, advancement and accreditation.
1. Possess a terminal degree in counselor education or psychology (or a closely related field that will meet the CACREP standards) from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Five years of clinical counseling experience; 1-3 years of leadership experience in an academic counseling program. Comparable successful non-academic instructional leadership experience will be considered. Experience leading or participating in the pursuit and attainment of CACREP accreditation is a plus.
3. Experience using digital education or business management tools or possess the willingness and capacity to learn to use them; may include any or all of the following; desktop strategic planning, database, spreadsheet and project management software and college/business wide information technology systems.
4. Colorado licensure is not required at this time. However, the successful candidate must be qualified and willing to obtain licensure if future program needs require licensure.
Nature of Work Environment
1. Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. This may involve some lifting, carrying, moving, pushing and/or pulling of objects/materials of light weight (15-20 pounds).
2. Work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
3. Local and regional travel is expected.
4. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
5. Working irregular hours, including evenings, will be expected.
This is a full-time position with University benefits available and will be filled subject to availability of funds.
A Colorado Christian University staff application must be submitted in order to be considered for this position. The Colorado Christian University staff application is available at www.ccu.edu/jobs/application.doc.
Please send your application, resume and cover letter to: