Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Job Status: Part-time – Hourly
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Director
Under the supervision of the HR Director, the Human Resources Assistant performs a variety of technical and administrative duties relating to personnel functions and programs in the areas of employment recruitment, workers’ compensation, benefits administration,
classification and compensation, employee relations, HRIS, training and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Director
- Assist with recruitment, scheduling interviews and new employee on-boarding process
- Assist in conducting initial orientation to newly hired employees and prepare new employee files
- Conduct benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Conduct audits of benefits or other HR programs and recommend any corrective action.
- Prepare workers’ compensation reports and assist worker’s compensation adjuster as needed
- Update required federal and state employment notices and monitor time requirements
- Assist HR Director with various research and/or special projects.
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc.)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) and take minutes
- Be a resource to employees and the general public regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in keeping relevant data (absences, leaves etc.)
- Provide secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; answering the telephone; relaying messages; processing mail; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintain employee files and the HR filing system
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commitment to serving Christ
- Must work comfortably with computers and especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in record keeping and data analysis
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Must be a people person
- Two years of college level course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least two years of increasingly responsible technical or administrative experience working in a Human Resources Office preferred
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as files and boxes.
- The King’s Academy offers excellent benefits to employees and their families. Please check our website for more information at www.tkabenefits.com.