Job Title: High School English Teacher
Job Status: Full-time – Salary
Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Department Lead
It is the primary responsibility of the teacher to provide classroom instruction to the students of The King’s Academy, as well as being a positive role model to them. Teachers should view their role as ministry, helping each student towards reaching their full potential in Christ.
The English 10 course focuses on world literature and literary analysis. Students will be introduced to various literary perspectives from around the world through different historical eras including the Classical period, the Renaissance, Romanticism, World War I, and World War II. Writing skills are further developed through formal writing, timed essay writing, and journal writing. In addition, students review grammar as it applies to writing and proofreading, they develop skills for analyzing poetry, and they study vocabulary in preparation for the SAT. This position is open immediately, with a possibility of continuation in the Fall 2015 semester.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement suitable lesson plans
- Post key assignments on the TKA online portal and grade-level calendars
- Keep the open Gradebook current and communicate with parents as needed regarding academic issues
- Create and implement authentic assessments (both formative and summative)
- Understand that teaching and assessing writing in particular is time-consuming and be prepared to devote the necessary time and energy to giving timely, useful, encouraging feedback
- Use technology in the classroom to enhance learning, including Word, Google Docs, and www.turnitin.com
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide a collegial, unified, vertically and horizontally integrated learning environment
- Implement the UC-approved curriculum and modify as appropriate, including identifying proposed changes and requesting needed materials in a timely manner to the department lead.
- Adapt teaching materials and expectations for students enrolled in the Student Support Services program (the “Academic Center” or “AC”) to meet their accommodations.
- Maintenance of classroom equipment and environment
- Perform Accreditation-related tasks and complete administrative paperwork by given deadlines
- Commitment to serving Jesus Christ and contributing to the Christian community life at TKA
- Willingness to use one’s skill set to meet the needs of The King’s Academy
- Preferred: BA in English; CA Credential in Secondary English
- Preferred: Two to five years teaching experience teaching English at the high school or junior college level
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Able to relate well to 6-12th graders, energetic, empathetic, innovative, flexible, joyful, self-motivated, engaging, and resourceful.
The King’s Academy offers excellent benefits to employees and family. Please check our web-site for more information at www.tkabenefits.com .
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and will require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student / Youth PastorChrist The Rock Community Church
- Cooper City, Florida
- October 27
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
The King's Academy
Located in Sunnyvale, CA, The King’s Academy is a private Christ-centered college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The school was established in 1991. The King’s Academy is for students who have teachable hearts and coachable spirits. We offer a loving, family environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus, their family, teachers, and others. We are committed to developing God’s best for each student spiritually, academically, morally, and socially through every program an More...