Job Title: Bible Teacher, High School
Job Status: Full-time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports to: Department Lead
It is the primary responsibility of the teacher to provide classroom instruction to the students of The King’s Academy and to serve as a positive role model. Teachers should view their role as ministry, with the goal of helping each student toward reaching his or her full potential in Christ.
This Bible Teacher position is full-time. It requires the teaching of five classes. The subjects taught by this particular position are Bible 9 (4 sections) and Bible 11 (1 section).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a curriculum map for each course taught where learning objectives are aligned with The King’s Academy Bible Department Standards and the school’s Expected School-Wide Learning Results
- Prepares detailed lesson plans
- Uses a variety of teaching methodologies to create an engaging and safe classroom setting where all students are held to high expectations
- Keeps an accurate record for each student of daily attendance and late arrivals
- Maintains discipline in the classroom to ensure maximum learning
- Provides an uncluttered, neat and healthy classroom that promotes a positive learning and working environment
- Keeps an emergency lesson plan and current substitute folder in case of an unexpected absence
- Actively works with the rest of the Bible Department to improve instruction in assigned subjects as well as to coordinate teaching across subjects and across years of study
- Grades all assignments, tests, quizzes, and projects in a timely manner, using the grading scale provided by the school.
- Keeps an accurate record of all grades for each student, submitting them to the Registrar on time
- Records the day’s or week’s homework on the school portal for access by students and parents
- Communicates with parents on an “as needed” basis regarding their student’s academic or behavioral status in the class
- Checks voice messages and emails daily, at a minimum.
- Returns phone calls and emails within 24 hours of receipt
- Keeps an accurate record of all communications with parents
- Advises the Department Lead with any imminent plans go be away from the classroom
- Attends all grade-level and Department meetings, as scheduled
- Leads a daily student Home Group
- Coordinates field trips and special events, as needed
- Attends the Staff Retreat every year, as scheduled by the Administration
- Serves on Accreditation team and contributes to self-study report as needed
- Completes 4 peer visits per year; collects and analyzes three examples of student work in each subject each semester
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the Department Lead or Administrative Staff
- Attends one student retreat every year
- Consistently uses extended lunch periods to interact with students, including taking students to lunch on a regular basis
- Routinely keeps the classroom open for students to gather at brunch and lunch
- Mentors students who demonstrate the need for adult support and advocacy
- During service trip week, either (1) participates in a service trip, or (2) participates in the East Coast Trip, or (3) teaches
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Bible (preferred) or if degree is in another subject, significant Bible study and Bible teaching experience
- Training in education and experience in the classroom (optimal)
- Experience in youth ministry preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- A practiced personal discipline of daily prayer and Bible study and the resulting integrity and character that sets a Christ-like example worthy of following
- A strong understanding of Biblical truth and the ability to communicate this truth to others
- The passion for and ability to teach the application of Biblical truth to daily life
- A devoted commitment to making disciples and the ability to reach high school students with the Gospel
- Excellent skills in communicating both orally and in written form
- Ability to incorporate best practices in education, including effective use of technology
- Commitment to serving Jesus Christ
- The character of Christ exhibited in daily life
- Understanding of and love for high school students; the ability to relate effectively with them
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, supporting the team
- Ability to keep confidential information private
- Energetic, flexible, resourceful
- Leadership and mentoring skills
This position requires that the employee work from Monday – Friday. Some additional hours in the evenings and on week-ends is necessary for planning and grading.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving vehicles as well as students who might be running or walking absentmindedly. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. On a few occasions, it might be loud.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to stare at a computer screen, sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee might occasionally be required to lift up to 25 lbs. of weight.
The King’s Academy offers excellent benefits to employees and family. Please check our web-site for more information at www.tkabenefits.com .
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
K-12 Online Teachers (From Home) All Grades & SubjectsFreedomProject Academy
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- December 6
Native speaker in South KoreaVision Christian International School
- December 3
5 Kindergarten Teachers in ChinaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Entry Level Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Overseas Western Chef & Dining Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
The King's Academy
Located in Sunnyvale, CA, The King’s Academy is a private Christ-centered college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The school was established in 1991. The King’s Academy is for students who have teachable hearts and coachable spirits. We offer a loving, family environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus, their family, teachers, and others. We are committed to developing God’s best for each student spiritually, academically, morally, and socially through every program an More...