The Food Service Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of ABWE food service operations. The Food Service Manager is also responsible for developing and implementing the strategic plan for new and existing Food Service ministry events. Additionally, the Food Service Manager will recruit, train, and lead volunteers and interns to assist with the food preparation and service at events and functions. It is expected that the Food Service Manager become a member of GACHP and attend the annual conference, and after one year membership with GACHP, the Food Service Manager will be expected to obtain GACHP certification based on level of experience.
This position is full-time. Hours vary depending on events. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8:30AM – 5:00PM.
The ideal candidate will view food service as a ministry to ABWE guests, missionaries, and staff; be able to cast vision to leadership; and will have experience cooking/catering meals from scratch for groups of 100 or more; developing seasonal menus, utilizing and maintaining commercial kitchen equipment; placing food and product orders with distributers; and maintaining kitchen health codes (ServSafe).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manages and handles all aspects of Food Service at ABWE headquarters to include the scheduling, planning, purchasing, preparation (cooking from scratch) and service of food, primarily lunch and snacks, for all ABWE functions.
• Develops and implements a strategic plan for food service revenue growth.
• Develops policies and procedures for food service.
• Creates seasonal lunch/break catering menus for ABWE functions.
• Ensures alternative foods are available for those with food allergies.
• Modifies menus and recipes and ensures food is available to meet the needs of those with food allergies.
• Recruits, trains, and oversees kitchen staff, volunteers and interns.
• Places food and product orders with food distributors.
• Oversees food storage and food handling practices according to safe food handling regulations.
• Oversees food presentation and event set-up.
• Oversees budget for food service.
• Oversees maintenance of the commercial kitchen and equipment.
Education: High School Diploma required, Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or similar preferred.
Minimum Prior Experience Required: At least four (4) years of related experience (including catering experience or large volume cooking experience).
• Must view food service as a ministry to ABWE guests, missionaries, and staff
• Proven managerial and leadership experience.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ.
• A passion to serve.
• Strong relational and communication skills.
• Energetic and deadline-oriented.
• Displays flexibility and adaptability.
• Able to work alone or in a team environment.
• Exhibits sound judgment.
• Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries and are required to participate in chapel services. Because of the nature of our ministry it is absolutely necessary that you possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach.
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE's mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 50lbs; stand and walk for extended periods of time; climb and balance on a step stool/ladder; stoop, kneel, and crouch; sustain repetitive arm and hand motion; work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time; work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In order to be considered for this position, do not apply through this website. Please send the following items to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, include your name and the position.
• Resume and cover letter
• One-page testimony including the name of your local church
• Salary requirements
Visit www.abwe.org/jobs for more information.
ABOUT ABWE: ABWE was founded in 1927 as a ministry dedicated to fulfilling the command of Christ by sending out missionaries to take the good news of salvation to the ends of the earth.
Dr. Raphael Thomas, a graduate of Harvard Medical College, heard D.L. Moody challenge students to obey the command of Christ to take the gospel to every ethnic group. He committed his life to that cause and became ABWE’s first missionary.
Through the years, ABWE has partnered with more than 4,000 like-minded, baptistic churches to serve 1,000 missionaries serving in more than 60 countries around the world. Our International Administration and Training Center located near Harrisburg, PA employs close to 100 full-time and part-time staff members.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Seasonal Processing Center Associate - Operation Christmas ChildSamaritan's Purse
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- October 12
Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (www.abwe.org) -
ABWE is an unaffiliated, independent Baptist missions agency providing like-minded churches with vital services to expedite their Great Commission Ministry. We serve local churches by providing administrative oversight and training for the missionaries that they recommend to us. This includes member care, financial coordination, team building, professional training and general administration.