Classification: Full-time, Salary-Exempt
I. Position Summary:
The Manager, Accounting will be responsible for analyzing, processing and inputting accounting data to produce accurate and timely financial results while ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and generally accepted accounting principles.
II. Essential Functions:
- Monitoring and maintaining the Church’s accounting systems (Ministry Platform and Shelby).
- Prepare/review and record monthly journal entries as required to produce accurate financial reports.
- Supervise monthly accounting closing. Prepare monthly financial statements for all funds. Prepare special reports for Finance Committee Meetings and other presentations.
- Review financial statements and general ledgers for significant variances from budget. Research causes and report findings to management.
- Supervise donor contribution and other cash receipts processing.
- Supervise Bookstore and Food Services accounting activity.
- Maintain Non-Cash Gift files. Coordinate recording of gift and entry to general ledger.
- Assist Director, Finance with supervision of Finance personnel as directed
- Assist with annual budget preparation, annual audit, and other projects as directed.
- Prepare/review monthly account reconciliations and recurring journal entries.
- Prepare Weekly Cash reports for management
- Prepare Annual Cash Forecast for Operating fund and weekly reports against that forecast.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Finance areas (A/P, A/R, Payroll, Contributions and Cash Receipts) and assist during any vacancies in these areas.
- Perform other accounting duties as workload requires.
- Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Previous 3-5 years work experience in Accounting, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Experience in financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Experience with automated accounting systems (Shelby or Ministry Platform a plus).
- Ability to maintain and protect church confidential and proprietary information.
- High level of interpersonal and relationship skills essential when working with ministry departments and staff members.
- Ministry-minded focus with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the Finance ministry and the church.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement ministry- and church-related, short- and long-range goals, as well as to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and accounting software.
IV. Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to talk and hear. The staff member is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
First Baptist Church Atlanta offers a competitive compensation and benefits package consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, 403 (b) Retirement Plan, Section 125 Flexible Spending Account, as well as vacation, sick, and holiday time-off provisions.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business AdministratorSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
V.P. of Finance / Chief Financial OfficerSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
Financial DirectorOurCalling, Inc.
- Dallas, Texas
- September 15
- Phoenix, Arizona
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
First Baptist Church Atlanta
First Baptist Church Atlanta is a diverse congregation of 15,000 members from all over the Atlanta metro area. Planted in 1848 when Atlanta was only a tiny railroad town, FBA has experienced consistent growth for more than 150 years. In 1971, Dr. Charles Stanley was called to serve as senior pastor when the church was located in downtown Atlanta at Peachtree and Fifth streets. Under Dr. Stanley’s leadership the church outgrew its building and purchased 55 acres and a building from the Avon Corporation in Dunwoody. In 1997, the congregation move More...