Extra Mile Media is a Christian Media Company that owns and operates HOPE 107.9 and 96.9 FM in Eugene and KWIL for Christ AM 790.
We inspire people to pursue a real, loving relationship with the living God by providing quality media services. We enrich the lives of listeners through excellence in broadcasting, Christian music, Bible teaching, and contemporary radio programming. Walking
in the power of the Holy Spirit of God, we go the extra mile to serve our community with the highest creativity, the utmost integrity, and the wisest use of our resources.
Our Statement of Faith is available on the “About us” page of our website, www.HOPE1079.com
Current Opening: Advertising Sales Consultant
Do you enjoy helping others tell their story effectively? Would you like to work for a Christian organization based in the Willamette Valley? Then the Advertising Consultant position may be a great fit for you!
The successful candidate in this position will build relationships with our business partners by providing customized marketing solutions to communicate the business partners’ message to the target audience. This role incorporates aspects of marketing,
consulting and sales to create marketing solutions, which connect businesses with our loyal listeners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use effective communication skills (verbal and written) to understand the client’s requirements.
- Create a plan to effectively relay that message to the target audience.
- Oversee the production of the on-air/web based & event messaging.
- Schedule ads into the on-air rotation.
- Maintain relationships with clients to adjust and create new messaging as appropriate.
- Manage your own schedule and timely responses to client’s needs.
- Prospect for new clients and keep an active sales funnel.
- Accurately forecast sales performance and resolve client-billing issues.
- Achieve specific monthly, quarterly and annual Sales Goals
- Communicate well with Sales Manager, Station Manager and support station activities.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- A valid drivers license and reliable vehicle.
- Reside in the Albany/Corvallis/Lebanon/South Salem area of the Willamette Valley.
- College Degree with a business or marketing emphasis a plus
Benefits are available for this position following an introductory period. A successful consultant can expect to earn from $45,000/yr. to $65,000/yr. on our commission pay structure. During the training process a minimum salary is guaranteed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit answers to all of the following questions along with your resume to email@example.com, please put “EMM4” in the subject line.
1) What attracts you to this position?
2) What qualifications, abilities and experiences will help you succeed in this position?
3) What advantages do you see in working for a Christian organization?
4) List three businesses you believe would be a good fit for advertising on HOPE 107.9, which you haven’t already heard advertise on the station? Why do you believe they would be a good fit?
5) Please list two ways you have improved yourself in the last six months.
6) Please include your base and bonus compensation history for the last five years.
Note: All applicants must have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- A reliable vehicle
- Live within approximately 30 miles of Albany, OR (If your location is greater than 30 miles, please identify your location.)
- Have the legal right to work for any employer in the United States.
By submitting your resume, you are agreeing that these items are true.
The posting for this position will close on March 23, 2015.
Extra Mile Media/HOPE 107.9 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.