This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
carrier great lakes
livonia, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 07/19/2007
Categories: Contractor & Other Trades
Job Type: Full-Time
This position is part of our Inside Sales Department and is responsible for providing pre and post-order support to key customers and our local outside sales team. A working knowledge of residential and commercial products, including replacement configurations, substitutions, is highly desired.
The position reports to the Sales Manager and is an integral part of the overall customer relationship. It will be necessary to have a broad understanding of our entire customer base.
Customer contact will take place via incoming and outbound calls, and indirectly, through support of the sales team and Customer Service Group. The position will be responsible for prioritizing customer service activities, within the framework of our market development strategy.
- Provide technical support to the sales organization, including monitoring shipping, delivery and return status, as required
- Handle incoming customer requests for orders and product information (equipment spcifications and applications)
- Purchase accessory equipment as required to compliment our equipment on jobs
- Manage customer orders from origination to delivery
- Provide post-sale follow up and support as required
- Work with customers, sales, and internal/external suppliers to resolve issues as they arise
- Work with sales to submit job quotes
- Generate complete and accurate submittal packages
- Read and understand blue prints for job take offs
- Generate complete project quotations for plan and spec projects from engineered drawings
AA/AS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering Technology, or related field with 1-3+ years of HVAC experience; BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering Technolgy or related field with 0-2+ years of HVAC experience.
- Proven customer service skills
- Knowledge of HVAC products and markets
- Exceptional communications skills complete with ability to follow through
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High sense of urgency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of HVACPARTNERS and Infor (NxTrend) SXe software a plus
- Professional phone etiquette