The position of Assistant Controller will assist the Chief Financial Officer with the fiduciary responsibility for compliance, actively managing all aspects of accounting, preparation of financial related information required by government and regulatory
agencies, monthly, quarterly and annually financial reporting and performing the analysis and interpretation of financial results.
The Assistant Controller will work very closely with Accounting staff.
Engage in analysis of all facets of financial reporting and productively interacting with other departments and facilities, staff, bringing the results to their attention for strategic operational considerations.
- Assist with the preparation of financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Assures that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Maintain finance, accounting, billing, payment and auditing procedures.
- Maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets.
- Performs evaluation of internal controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation, both for controls and processes
- Identifies risk and evaluates deficiencies while working with internal departments/business units to appropriately remedy them
- Support that best practice system processes and controls are implemented for the Company and legal entities to comply with all internal and external financial reporting obligations
- Acts as a reference for team members, providing direction and mentoring to other members of the company
* Responsible for the general ledgers for assigned entities, including monthly journal entries and income and expense accruals.
Audit and Compliance:
* Understanding of accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), cash receipts, and bank reconciliations
* Perform both detailed and high level analysis as required on assigned entities and projects.
Financial Reporting & Analysis:
* Accurate and timely preparation of periodic financial packages, (balance sheet and income statement accounts and strategic analysis reports).
* Provide explanations of significant variances in accounts as requested.
* Prepare year-end work papers and support schedules as needed by external auditors.
- Professional Accounting Qualification with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Masters and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5-6 years of Accounting Management experience
- Good understanding across the breadth of finance responsibilities including, accounting, business practices, cost accounting etc.
- Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focused
- Ability to immerse oneself to understand problems and propose solutions
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-location organization and adapt to different cultures
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management
- Project Management capabilities - the ability to plan, initiate, monitor and implement projects within a team
- Ability to identify and execute operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives to improve resource optimization
- Strong analytical ability; understands details as well as big picture; provides meaningful conclusions.
- Strong organization skills; able to provide results under tight deadlines.
- Microsoft Office experience required with extensive knowledge in excel.