Leading The Way with Dr. Michael Youssef is a Christian Broadcast Ministry committed to the proclamation of the whole counsel of God. Michael Youssef, President and CEO, is leading the way for people living in spiritual darkness to discover
the light of Christ. By passionately proclaiming uncompromising Truth through creative methods, Dr. Youssef’s international team of experts is uniquely providing hope that is revolutionizing lives at home and around the world.
Leading the Way currently is looking for qualified candidates for an Accounts Payable Specialist to perform a variety of duties with vendor invoices, database input, special analyses and other accounting and financial related responsibilities.
- Process all vendor invoices using ACS database system ensuring all are coded properly and accurately entered; have obtained appropriate staff approval; matched to contracts/purchase orders; are paid on time and filed; etc.
- Handle check distribution.
- Prepare/document all journal entries for review/input.
- Perform various special analyses using Excel (such as vendor recaps, advances, phones, American Express, monthly department budget input, weekly web reports).
- Make weekly deposits (2x per week).
- Monthly billing to various organizations on a monthly basis and monitoring reimbursement.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Balance sheet and expense analyses (AP, AR, Prepaid, Accruals, Deposits, MCG, etc.).
- Submit quarterly Georgia Sales Tax data/payment.
- Handle annual 1099 submission as well as annual fixed asset tracking and depreciation schedules.
- Assist Senior Director of Finance with miscellaneous projects
- Accounting coursework is required and a degree in accounting is preferred.
- 1 – 4 years of experience in Accounts Payable and General Ledger.
- In agreement with LTW’s Doctrinal Statement (see www.leadingtheway.org).
- Personal qualities of honesty, integrity. Personable, excellent interpersonal skills – easily interfaces and interacts with others, willingness to offer assistance and take initiative.
- Attention to detail, accurate proofing skills, good organizational, problem solving and teamwork skills.
- Logical and analytical understanding.
- Ability to handle high invoice volume in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Windows 7 and MS Office, strong Excel skills related to spreadsheets and accounting functions is required.
- Ability to learn and use new software including multiple databases.
- Prior experience with accounting database programs is preferred.
- Desire to grow in knowledge and responsibility – highly teachable, trainable and coachable.
- Must live in the Metropolitan Atlanta area within a reasonable commuting distance of LTW’s headquarters.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position title in the subject line).