This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Cornerstone Ministries-Export PA
Export, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 08/25/2005
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Executive Director/Pastor of Operations
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Rapidly growing nondenominational suburban church of 1,000 looking for an Executive Director/Pastor- an experienced leader of leaders, working with the Executive Staff. Go to www.cornerstonelive.net for more information about Cornerstone Ministries.
The Executive Director of Operations serves as the Chief Operations Officer of Cornerstone Ministries overseeing the day-to-day management of the church under the leadership and direction of the Senior Pastor.
Cornerstone Ministries Executive Director of Operations has the primary role of administration, organization and systems to bring detailed assessment and accountability for execution of ministry structure, programming and functions in all areas of ministry. Leadership skills needed for coordinating and implementing the operations of the church. The Executive Director of Operations will tactically facilitate the mission, purposes, values and ministry direction and will work with the Executive Staff to develop new initiatives in keeping with established ministries and ministry goals and maximizing the effectiveness of present initiatives.
Ministry Management Responsibilities:
Drive the implementation of the Equipping process.
Oversight of Pastors and Directors that oversee programs, bringing administrative and managerial oversight to Pastors and Ministry Directors, ensuring the accomplishment of established programs and ministry goals and maximizing the effectiveness of present initiatives.
Facilitate the development of initiatives through staff members as deemed necessary.
Support the Senior Pastor in evaluating the evolving needs of the church body, and work to strengthen the present initiatives in keeping with those needs.
Take the lead role in the hiring process of all professional (paid) staff positions.
Evaluate staffing structure and proposing adjustments as the need arises.
Conduct semi-annual written performance evaluations and review the call and compensation of all direct reports.
Education and Skills Requirement:
1. Bachelors degree required; masters degree preferred.
2. Leadership abilities in being able to regularly meet with the Senior Pastor and Professional Ministry Leaders to assess and bring accountability to ministry function.
3. Meeting prescribed goals as established by the church.
4. Skilled in the area of process improvement.
5. Ability to bring systems, strategies, timeliness and detailed oversight to "big picture" vision established by the Senior Pastor.
6. At least five years of experience in a related field.
7. Attention to detail.
8. Solid organizational skills.
9. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
10. Posses a self-motivating attitude.
11. Excellent communication skills.
12. Excellent interpersonal skills.
Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Commitment to the Mission, Values, Purposes and Philosophy of Cornerstone Ministries.
Commitment to support the church leadership and staff.
Example the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum serving as a Christian role model. (I Timothy 4:12).
Submit Resume to: email@example.com