As a Loan Officer, you will manage a portfolio of complex commercial and commercial real estate loans, and you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and profitability of such portfolio. You will actively participate in our Business Development program
and will prospect new business by calling on existing and potential customers. You will promote growth and develop new business for Church Development Fund. This position interacts heavily with pastoral staff within churches and requires travel. The position
is not limited to Irvine, California, and can be performed from a home office.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with sources
- Marketing the company's commercial real estate loan programs
- Cross selling additional products
- Providing recommendations for loan sizing, pricing, terms and structure
- Collaborating with credit and processing colleagues to facilitate the underwriting and closing of commercial real estate loan transactions.
- Obtaining and analyzing extensive and pertinent financial data that may include complex information and spreadsheets about the commercial borrower and related entities
- Assessing the loan applicant’s leadership team to evaluate its effectiveness and ability to manage the environment it functions within
- Making personal visits and inspections to properties provided for collateral
- Managing complex negotiations to resolve issues
- Meeting with Church leaders to promote CDF’s commercial loan services and solicit new business.
- Interviewing and negotiating loan structure with prospective borrowers.
Process credit requests and prepare underwriting documents while following applicable policies, procedures and guidelines of CDF.
- Monitor loan portfolio to ensure proper management of risk ratings, compliance with loan covenants and early identification of potential problems. Participate in collection efforts as necessary.
- Participate in Church Development Fund’s business development activities as well as represent the company in industry and professional associations, community organizations, local business groups, etc.
- A living, vital faith in Jesus Christ
- Ability to be assertive and lead in an ever-changing environment
- Heavy national travel is required
- Must be comfortable working independently in a home office or at the Corporate Office in Irvine, CA
- Ability to develop creative solutions to enhance customer service and team process
- Action-oriented; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to be articulate in presenting loan deal structures and underwriting details to both customer and loan committee
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external clients
- A proven ability to negotiate loan terms and conditions effectively
- Detail-oriented with strong management skills
- Five to seven years as a commercial / real estate lender with transactions that include construction lending and loans valued between $5-20 million
- Fluent in the principles of CRE underwriting
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and the Internet
- Comfortable with technology supporting sales management, marketing, pricing, initial underwriting, pipeline management and loan performance tracking
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The employee must sit for prolonged periods, and stand, walk reach, twist, turn, bend, and stoop in the performance of daily office activities. The employee must be able to grasp, use repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to use a computer keyboard.
The position also requires the employee to use near vision in reading correspondence, data and using a computer. Hearing is required when communicating by phone and/or in person. The need to lift, drag, and push files, paper and documents weighing up to
25 pounds is also required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel
Provision Ministry Group is a recognized 501(c)3 not for profit religious organization