The Community Engagement Leader strengthens brand awareness and connection to Thrivent by collaborating with their assigned Partner to develop and execute a zone plan primarily focused on social, educational, charitable and religious activities that help
members and prospective members be wise with money and inspire them to live generously. The community engagement leader regularly interacts with New FRs and selected other focus FRs to educate and support them in activities to drive new member growth. The
Leader also drives growth by building, connecting, and leveraging relationships within Thrivent communities, congregations, and lodges to activate members to become advocates and prospective members to become more aware of Thrivent and its mission.
Location: San Jose, CA
- Collaborate with zone partner(s) to identify annual new member growth and engagement goals and activities, acting as a “new member champion” through communication on available tax exempt program resources and offering ideas for building awareness with prospective
members for all FRs in the zone and other new member growth opportunities.
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with the zone partner bringing the activities and opportunities for new member growth and engagement to the meetings. Participate in RFO level QBRs as requested, representing the member growth efforts.
- Engage with New Financial Representatives (NFR) to educate them on tax exempt programs and activities available to build a successful practice and serve existing members. Influence their activity through follow up coaching and joint action plans. Participate
in NFR regional training, providing guidelines for interaction with Community Engagement team members and support for Thrivent story development.
- Identify and engage with focus Financial Representatives (FRs), including their annual action planning, with formal quarterly follow up on commitments and plan refinement to ensure new member goals are achieved.
- Facilitate activities, events and workshops with focus FRs, office professionals and other support staff, to ensure appropriate venues, relevant and compliant topics, and promotion with members, prospective members, congregations, and communities to ensure
that events result in awareness and new member opportunities. Follow up on events by conducting coaching conversations with focus FRS, encouraging immediate and effective follow up on events.
- Support existing volunteer networks and communities by meeting with member leaders to discuss Thrivent’s mission, tax-exempt programs and influence the chapter/community activities to support our purpose of strengthening Christian communities by helping
people be wise with money and inspiring generosity. Engage select chapters in discussions and activities with appropriate FRs to promote Thrivent in the community and build awareness among prospective members.
- Collaborate with Communities of Interest and Influence in the zone to build partnerships between zone partners and FRs that result in new member opportunities and better awareness and advocacy for Thrivent. This is accomplished through communication of
our fraternal benefits and our mission as an organization, as well as activities that benefit our members, communities and reflect the Thrivent Way.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in volunteer and community leadership and financial service industry helpful
- Experience in sales development and community development in financial services preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build, activate and leverage networks
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and relationships and facilitate execution of plans with individuals and groups
- Demonstrated ability to coach others for goal achievement
- Ability to travel up to 60% depending on geography and location of zone and partners
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
Interested? To apply, please visit our website: www.thrivent.com/careers or click on the following link: