Upper School Principal, Minnehaha Academy
Minnehaha Academy is a Prek – 12th grade Christian school and a ministry of the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church. Our mission is to provide a high quality education integrating Christian faith and learning. Our school is
recognized for its excellence in education and commitment to the whole student including academics, athletics and the arts. We are currently seeking a Principal to lead our Upper School with a student enrollment of 350.
The Upper School Principal reports to the School President and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team. Team members participate in collaborative discussions and decision making aligned with the School’s vision, and strategic objectives, providing insight
and perspectives of their areas of oversight The Principal will reflect high professional standards, integrity, and a commitment to excellence within a Christian independent school environment.
Key responsibilities include effective communication with students, faculty, and parents and the development of positive relationships with all constituents; active participation in the overall leadership of the school including recruitment, admissions,
and retention of students; leadership and management of the school; and supervision, evaluation, and development of Upper School faculty.
- Masters degree or higher and school administrative licensure
- Minimum of 4 years of school administrative experience
- Knowledgeable of lower and middle school characteristics and learning acquisition theories
- Commitment to lead educational initiatives based on education research
- Demonstrated leadership skills in guiding teaching and learning best practices and fostering a strong Christian educational environment
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills to effectively lead faculty and staff
- Strong communication skills to effectively connect with all constituents, including students, faculty, parents, Board members and administrative colleagues
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning and implementation of initiatives through collaborative leadership
- Strong knowledge and understanding of technology as a tool to support high quality teaching and learning
- Independent school knowledge and experience a plus
To apply for, or inquire about this Principal role, please send resume to and/or contact Bonnie Anderson using the contact information below. In addition to your resume,
please include a written response indicating how you would personally participate in achieving Minnehaha’s mission to “integrate Christian faith and learning” in this Principal role.
Director of Human Resources
3100 W. River Parkway
Mpls., MN 55406
612.729.8321 ext. 1222