This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Harbor House Ministries
Oakland, California, United States
Date Posted: 07/02/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
Harbor House (HH) is a Christ centered community resource for the City of Oakland, California, focusing on the Lower San Antonio District of Oakland. Through twenty interactive programs, HH annually serves approximately 3000 individuals - people of various ages, cultures and backgrounds. HH accomplishes this, through Gods provision with an excellent group of 16 full time and part time staff members and an annual budget of approximately $500,000.
The Executive Director ("ED") is the chief executive officer of Harbor House and as such is responsible for the daily operations of the organization, forward and strategic planning, and governance and policy implementation.
There is also a $10,000 bonus salary provision for increased organizational revenue.
* Demonstrates a mature walk with Christ in both personal and professional relationships and is regularly involved in a local church.
* Is respected by colleagues as a person of moral integrity.
* Experience with urban and low-income communities of color.
* Excellent writing and oral skills, including public speaking.
* Strong organizational skills: communication, team building, agenda setting, facilitation.
* Strong financial management skills.
* Strong nonprofit board experience.
* Holds at least BA and 10 years senior management non-profit experience or MA and 5 years experience with, preferably minimum $500,000 annual budget and at least 5 staff.
* Strong understanding of and ability to lead a team-based culture.
* Ability to institute strong self-accountability systems within management team
* Commitment to HHs mission and philosophy
* Strong agency spokesperson
* Experience in working with immigrant and refugee populations (preferred)
* Major donor fundraising experience (preferred)
* Effective use and management of large volunteer base (preferred)