This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
White's Residential and Family Services
Wabash, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 08/09/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
To oversee, develop and implement the spiritual ministry of Whites Residential Program. To reach lost students, their families, and staff with the Gospel, and to foster spiritual growth through the effective combination of relationship building, chapel programs, Biblical messages and other youth ministry activities.
1. Daily chapel and Sunday morning worship - Preparing for and delivering excellent and impacting chapel services for youth and staff. Preparation of such activities requires regular Bible studies, prayer, study of Gods Word, making contacts/gathering resources, preparation of multimedia, Christian videos, etc. Programming must be Biblically sound and curriculum driven for youth. Chapel programs must be youth oriented, structured and promote a spiritual foundation of Gods Word. (25%)
2. Staff/Family/Student relationship-building activities - Spend time with the students and staff in order to build relationships, meet their families on visiting weekends and invite them to chapel. Go to special campus events and mixes as often as possible (i.e., sporting events, community events, campus recreation activities, etc.), be available to meet with treatment teams at the request of the team. Meet with each new student to welcome and talk to them about the chapel program and to generate enthusiasm and greater involvement in spiritual life programs. Generally the expectations of the schedule and campus involvement will be to work mornings and evenings. (25%)
3. Administration, staff training and oversight- Provide leadership and oversight to all spiritual life activities related to residents. Monitor and approve all spiritual life activities conducted by staff including on/off campus activities. Monitor, approve and assist staff in accommodating requests from staff/students/families for residents to attend church or other church-related activities off-campus. Provide guidance and training to all staff who work directly with youth and provide them with resources and know how to share their faith with and to encourage spiritual growth of youth. Lead in the planning of the yearly calendar and participate in chapel team meetings. Attend supervisory, staff meetings and trainings as requested. Provide a minimum of three spiritual life presentations/seminars/trainings for campus staff each calendar year. Develop and maintain a mission statement, core values and understanding of Whites approach to spiritual life development under the guidance and direction of the Board of Directors Spiritual Life Committee. (20%)
4. Special events & Activities- Provide leadership and oversight in the planning, development, and implementation of special youth ministry events and activities including, but not limited to: student discipleship studies, staff Bible studies, prayer ministry, concerts, Christmas programs, clown programs, liturgical dance, etc. Involving students in music/drama ministry at chapel on a regular basis. Involve students in leading worship. (15%)
5. Spiritual counseling with students and staff. Visit and provide support to students and staff in the hospital and attend funerals. (5%)
6. Supervising and working with the Pastoral Assistant to plan and organize special events, on and off campus activities for students, staff and staff teens. (5%)
7. Perform other related duties as directed by the Executive Director and Residential Director. (5%)