The Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well
as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Post openings in appropriate venues.
- Research creative ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Foster and maintain contacts within the industry.
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
- Maintain database and make regular contact with possible future candidates.
- Coordinate college recruiting initiatives.
- Develop working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting. Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Human Resources Information System.
- Assist in performing reference for potential employees.
- Drive employee referral program – document data and confirm outcomes of referral program.
- Perform other special projects as assigned and the needs of the company dictate
This position requires approximately 25 percent travel.