Director of Athletics and Facility Operations
The mission of the Minnehaha Academy Athletic Department is to encourage sportsmanship, teamwork, skill development and integrity for all athletes supported by a strong foundation of Christian values in partnership with parents. Similarly, the Facilities department is committed to enabling the Minnehaha community to work, play and learn in an environment that is conducive to achieving the mission of the school.
Reports to: President of Minnehaha Academy, serves on the President’s senior leadership team, and is an ex-officio member of the Board Facilities Committee; also partners closely with the Upper School Principal around student activities and calendars.
This position is a 100% FTE, salaried role to be working a 12-month schedule and is responsible for Grades 6 – 12th Athletics.
Director of Athletics Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, monitor and supervise the athletic budgets encompassing a 6th – 12th grade program
- Identifies needs, priorities and opportunities to direct the Booster Club and other Athletic initiatives to focus on the facilities, equipment and uniform needs of the athletic department
- Oversee and administer all Minnesota State High School League guidelines
- Participate in meetings with other conference athletic directors concerning league business
- Recruit, select, hire and supervise all head coaches
- Integrate spiritual development within the area of athletics
- Participate in development of school calendar
- Maintain accurate records on all teams
- Effective communication to and across constituencies
- Develop clear communication procedures with coaches, parents, and other constituents regarding the athletic facilities program.
- Supervise and coordinate use of athletic facilities, equipment and event management
- Establish good use of equipment procedures and security
- Oversee capital operation and maintenance of all physical plant and capital assets
- Oversee capital improvements, construction and remodeling projects, capital equipment and furnishing acquisition in close partnership with the Director of Finance & Business Operations
- Minimum of 3 years as an Athletic Director of a high school
- Minimum of 5 years experience in leadership of staff and facilities projects
- Ability to relate the Christian faith with learning and life and to passionately promote the school mission
- Finance experience preferred, past budget management required
- Effective communication skills, written, verbal and technological
To learn more about our school and apply on-line, visit our web site www.minnehahaacademy.net, and if interested, please also submit resume to:
Bonnie Anderson, Director of Human Resources
3100 W. River Parkway
Mpls., MN 55406
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Executive Assistant to the CEOChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20