Operation Mobilization, Tyrone GA, is currently seeking qualified candidates for Development Directors, one for the southern US states and one for the western US states.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General and Major Donor
Cultivate and grow relationships with existing OM USA supporters.
Expand and broaden the major donor, foundation, and major church support base of OM USA in the territory.
Grow number/amount of new donor income, attendance at donor events, and current donor income annually.
Cultivate relationship networks with friends of OM, surfaced through various departments and activities, leading to new donor relationships and long-term support.
Challenge current donors to enlist qualified friends to attend donor events, come on vision trips and develop a relationship with OM.
Inform and challenge major donors, foundations and churches on a one-on-one basis to financial involvement with OM.
Indentify individuals that can benefit from OMs planned giving services.
Use the Internet, handbooks and other available resources to collect information on foundations and churches.
Compile data on foundations and major donors to reflect past field focus and determine future actions for proposals.
Keep the calendar for the foundations assigned to you in the territory.
Keep the flow of information, proposals and appreciation calls/letters on schedule for the foundations assigned to you in the territory.
Maintain master list of estate planning participants.
Respond promptly to requests for estate planning information.
Monitor estate planning communications and assist with follow-up phone calls.
Direct Planned Giving special events in territory with help of consultant.
1. A committed Christian and in agreement with OM USA Statement of Faith and mission.
2. Prior fundraising or sales/marketing experience.
3. Ability to make an effective presentation and ask for financial partnership.
4. Willingness to travel 40% of the time in the territory and internationally.
5. Self starter-able to stay self motivated yet accountable for time and performance.
6. Able to handle security sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
7. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
8. Professional personal presentation
9. Pleasant personality and positive outlook
10. Good oral and written communication skills
11. Good phone skills
12. Good computer skills: word processing, Outlook (calendar), Powerpoint, Excel applications and ability to learn department computer applications such as OMSS/Petra
keywords: fundraiser, fundraising, development officer, donor developement, financial development, resource development, donor relations.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Sales and Marketing CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Shoreline, Washington
- October 26
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Operation Mobilization is an international Christian mission agency with over 4000 workers in more than 100 countries and onboard three ocean-going ships. OM seeks to demonstrate and proclaim the love of God through evangelism, church planting, discipleship, and literature distribution and also by providing relief and development in many areas of the world. Wherever possible, Operation Mobilization works in partnership with the local church, encouraging and supporting local believers. Where there is no church… we seek to plant churches. More...